View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: My father is dating a girl my age... - May 4th 2012, 04:39 AM

I can understand why this would hurt you. If my parent started dating someone my age, I would feel all those same feelings. Though, the fact that you and your dad have a rocky relationship to begin with, makes the situation that much MORE complicating.

It's like, there is only so much you can really do. Simple as day, he is a grown adult.. so he is entitled to date whom he want, so long as it's legal. My suggest is that you bring this up with him. Tell him exactly what you're feeling. Tell him that it hurts you and you're not so sure you want to take part in his life if he is going to date someone your age. Tell him why.

At the end of the day, it is his choice on how he wants to handle all of this. But it's also your choice in whether you stick around or not. Can you put this past you and continue to build a relationship with your father? If you can't, will you drop contact with him again? These are all things to think about. I would suggest talking to friends or people you trust. Ask others for their opinion.

Good luck