View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Michy_Blackrose Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michy

Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14 Points: 9,390, Level: 14

Re: Dating someone older - 8 years - May 7th 2012, 01:28 PM

Sorry, misread the ages at first!

I don't think there's anything wrong with age gaps, in general, but it really depends at what stage in your life you're at. The one between you at present, will most certainly have its own complications.

Personally, i've always happened to date guys a few years younger, or a fair bit older than me, and got a lot of stick for it at school, especially.

The important this is, you feel for each other, can communicate on a similar level, and feel like 'equals'. I'm currently in a complicated relationship with a 31 year old guy, but the complexity doesn't directly have anything to do with age, in current circumstances, however where 'you're at' in life, has played its own role in our previous breakup.

It is important to respect legal boundaries, although that can be a bit of a grey area as it has been with me on one ocassion, with one of my exs - mutual definite consent is crucial with things like sex, and maturity about that.

It really depends on the person, how you feel about each other, and if you're on the 'same page' with your wants and your needs.

With the age gap in this stage of your life, i think you need to be very careful, as your wants and needs are almost certainly going to be different.

I hope that helps

Michy.

And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.

<3
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.