- London, UK
- About me
- I'm Michelle, known more colloquially as Michy. :)
I'm 20, live in London (UK) and am Rock/Goth, although other interesting things too...
I'm a night owl :)
I've been diagnosed with classic BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) co-morbid with Depression, at age 18 and 14 respectively.
I also have traits of OCD, but again, not enough to merit an OCD diagnosis.
I take a number of medications which help to stabilise me and keep me on a level, and am under a PD service/clinic. I'm in DBT right now, and learning new 'skills' is proving very helpful :) I have a 1 year contract.
I've been in an adolescent psychiatric unit, have experience with SI, OD and some ED, and am an addict. I still drink, but a lot less, although in recent months i've gone back to smoking... I chose not to go into rehab in Summer 2011 and continued using to the point of physical (not mental) anoxeria. I clawed my way back from that, and gastro-related problems. I also have Polycystic Ovaries.
I'm a big fan of literature, music, film, and the Arts in general.
My favourite artists are Slash and Emilie Autumn.
My favourite authors are Elizabeth Wurtzel, Virginia Woolf, James Frey and Marian Keyes.
My favourite poet is Sylvia Plath, and I like Anne Sexton.
I love forest-walking and spending time in nature, socialising and writing.
I've been the proud owner of many gerbil clans for over a decade :D
My focus is on filmmaking, to channel my illnesses and troubles into a positive medium which can inform, influence and help others on a wider scale.
Spiritually, i've been exploring for a while, I was raised Catholic and found out there's probably Jewish ancestry on my father's side, but have ended up treading the path of Wicca and Paganism, right now.
I'm multi-cultural; I speak Polish practically fluently, and love modern languages; Spanish, but also German. In previous years 've studied quite a few. I want to travel a LOT more in my life!
Feel free to message me about anything, I'd be happy to help, but also to receive yours. :)
- Here for
- Like to help and be helped
- Relationship status
- In a relationship
- Sixth form / college (UK)
- Audacious Bumbler
- Pagan Explorer
- Zodiac sign
- Watching films, Critiquing films, Writing, Languages, Art, Drawing/Painting, Drumming (sometimes), Chemicals, Gigs, Listening to music, Reading various literature, Hanging out in forests with friends and Hosting mini parties for my 331 friend-group every week :)
- Emilie Autumn, Slash, old Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, Mindless Self Indulgence, Iron Maiden, The Birthday Massacre, H.I.M, Nirvana, Hole, Thou Shalt Not, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rodrigo y Gabriela, The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Tori Amos,The Corrs, Florence and The Machine mainly, amongst others.
- I'm a big fan of foreign cinema, especially Spanish, French, German and Mexican Indie films. I also like some good animations :)
My favourite genres are dark dramas and thrillers, although I appreciate some good horrors, too.
Requiem for a Dream, Candy, Persepolis, The Beach, Old Boy, The Edukators, Grosse Madchen Weinen Nicht, Run Lola Run, Boys Don't Cry, Amores Perros, Rope, Days of Wine and Roses, The Machinist, The Hours, After Hours, Rope, Connie and Carla, Fight Club, Girl.Interrupted, Some Voices, Belleville Rendez-Vous, Das Experiment, The Pianist, Rain Man, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Rock Star, Velvet Goldmine, The Departed, Taxi Driver, Shutter Island, Heat, Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, 2 Days in Paris, Pan's Labyrinth, Y Tu Mama Tambien, The Science of Sleep, Ils, Magnolia, Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Ice Age, The Bourne Trilogy, Monster, Die Welle, My First Mister, The Piano Teacher, Vicky Cristina Barcelona... many more!
I love all Johnny Depp/Franka Potente/Gael Garcia Bernal/Tim Burton/Pedro Almodovar/Guillermo Del Toro/Martin Scorsese films :)
- Grey's Anatomy, Breaking Bad, CSI, Sex and The City, Spaced, Miranda, Benidorm, Due South.
- Authors/Poets I love: Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, Virginia Woolf, Elizabeth Wurtzel, James Frey, Marian Keyes, Luke Rhinehart, Elizabeth Kostova, Shakespeare.
Prozac Nation, More.Now.Again, A Million Little Pieces, My Friend Leonard, Bright Shiny Morning, The Dice Man, The Search For The Dice Man, The Historian, The Book Thief, Persepolis, Notes On An Exhibition, Mrs. Dalloway, The Waves, The Bell Jar, but others too.
- Running, Swimming, Basketball and Tennis at times.
- Sylvia Plath, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Johnny Depp, Slash, Emilie Autumn, Anthony Kiedis, Anne Sexton, Virginia Woolf, Amanda Palmer, Nikki Sixx, James Frey, Martin Scorsese, Tim Burton, Pedro Almodovar, Guillermo Del Toro.
- Favorite quotes
- "I love so much, I hate"
- Me / Hole
"I want to show you all the beauty you don't even know you hold!"
- Emilie Autumn
"Sometimes you're flush, and sometimes you're bust. When you're up it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down you never think you're gonna be up again. But life goes on"
- George's Dad ('Blow')
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything"
- Tyler Durden ('Fight Club')
"And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.”
- Sylvia Plath
"And I was in the darkness/So darkness I became"
- Florence & The Machine.
"When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't."
- Casper ('Candy')
- And I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became.
- And I was in the darkness,