View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18 Points: 16,977, Level: 18

Re: Girlfriend & Driving - July 18th 2012, 01:50 AM

You actually sound a lot like my boyfriend and his name is Brandon as well. Haha. Anyways, it's time that she probably looks for another job and/or tries to use some kind of other car maybe a family car to borrow that isn't too high of a maintenance or vulnerable to crashes. It really isn't fair that to you to have all the responsibility. Actually, my boyfriend and I were in a similar situation just a couple weeks ago. I never have enough gas money due to the fact I've been jobless for a good amount of months now and he usually drives me everywhere. I try to equal the effort by driving to his house and back myself because he lives 30-40 minutes away from my house now. I know financial issues is the number one problem people spread apart. I really highly suggest borrowing a family member's car that isn't usually used. I have to say that Trans Ams are old and that is a pretty high up there car. I don't blame you on that, but you really shouldn't stop her from driving all together either. She does need to consider her own responsibility of taking a higher paying job or ANOTHER job to help you financially.

Financial issues should be a partnership deal on which you both should work together for. I'm sure you are doing the best you can, but I think the fact you are being too lenient on giving her a booster seat to these little things that matters most is giving her this idea that she doesn't need to do anything because she has you which isn't right at all. I think you need to have a serious talk with her and mention that it is making you unhappy and it could hurt the relationship if she doesn't step up. The economy isn't exactly the greatest either, so, you should really consider what's really more practical at the moment...is a Trans Am really worth all the trouble and money for what you really need in life? Sure, it gets you places, but in the long haul, a Trans Am can really put you down the drain especially since the consequences are quite the downer. Sometimes you need to sacrifice your wants for the needs in life and that goes to both you and your girlfriend. I tried the best I can to help. I hope I did something. Good luck!