View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Goin to the doctor with scars - July 27th 2012, 08:31 AM

Hey there,

I know that going to the doctor can be a very hard thing to do. I know that every time that I have to go to the doctor I get extremely anxious because I do not like people seeing my scars. Are you going to the doctor for a physical or just a regular check up because you are not feeling well? If you are going for a physical I believe that you have to wear one of those drapes so that they can do all the proper assessments that are necessary however I am not a doctor so I can not say for sure. I think you could definitely try asking the doctor or nurse (who ever tells you that you need to change) if you can stay in your tank top and shorts. If that turns out to not be an option do you think you can ask your doctor if they can examine you without a parent in the room? I don't know how that would work but if you were to tell the doctor that you would feel uncomfortable with your mom in there he/she might listen.

Another thing to consider is that while your scars may look extremely visible to you they might not be as visible to other people. I know I have a few scars on my hip that I can make out but if anyone else were to look in that area they would not even notice.

Lastly, if anything does come up about your scars just tell your doctor that you were going through a rough time but you have gotten that all taken care of and it is in the past. That is what I have been saying to my doctors for years now. I know it is scary having other people know about your past experience with self harm but your health is more important and so going to the doctors appointment will ensure that.

I hope this helped in some way and if you need anything feel free to pm me.