View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
HBAlexis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,651, Level: 12 Points: 7,651, Level: 12 Points: 7,651, Level: 12

Worst day at work ever. Can anyone top this? - August 19th 2012, 02:24 AM

Okay, so this is a vent. But some supportive words and maybe other bad work stories would make me feel better

So I'm a waitress at a chicken and rib restaurant. I've been working here for almost a year, but only started waitressing about a month ago. So tonight I have a group of nine and they're all looking over the dessert menu. One of them points to one of our brownies and asks if the (chocolate chips) on top are peanuts. I tell her no. She orders it. I give it to here. She takes a couple bites, flags me down and starts freaking out because there are walnuts IN the brownie. I should have known this..and informed her of this but didn't think to. So she's very angry and tells me she has severe allergies to nuts (which now I'm freaking out in my head, thinking she might have to go to the hospital.) She asks to speak to my supervisor..my supervisor gives her the meal free. The lady says I'm lucky she's not having an attack. So she doesn't end up having an attack, and her husband comes up to me and says "Hey, don't worry about it, use this as a learning experience..(really nice and everything)" And she's sitting over at the table talking and laughing with her friends..so I don't know if she was over reacting or what. ANYWAYS, while that is going on I tell the hostess not to sit me because im trying to deal with this..well she sits me anyways. I get mad and she says not to worry that she'll take care of them. So she punches in all their orders but she doesn't do it right (because she doesn't know how and I was stupid enough to let her) so when I go to print their bill no meals show up so i punch them in again. So now I have to pay for 2 more meals because the hostess punched their meal in a different spot. And then while trying to deal with everything I completely neglect another one of my tables and they complain to my supervisor.

So basically, I made three people very angry with me. Made no money in seven hours. My manager is going to have to hear about all of it. And there's probably going to be reaaallllyyy bad complaints\reviews about myself and our restaurant on our website. And my supervisor and manager are probably going to not let me have night shifts anymore because they think I wont be able to handle it. Which I could have it was just such a bad night and everything was going wrong. I don't even want to go to work tomorrow out of shame.