View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
L'Aviatrice Offline
Ex astris, scientia
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kelly

Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12 Points: 7,405, Level: 12

Re: 15 and pregnant please help - September 6th 2012, 05:26 PM

I can't imagine how tough this must be for you, but you sound like a very strong girl! I know your parents are making you keep your baby and I really hope they are not doing that as a form of punishment to make you "learn a lesson." That defeats the purpose of being a good parent. Raising a child, even at your age, should be YOUR decision, and if for ANY reason at all you feel like you cannot provide a healthy and happy childhood for your baby, I urge you to consider adoption, for the best interests of your child. Good mothers are selfless and will do anything for the well-being of their child, and if that means adopting your baby out to a good home with adult parents, then I think that that is the action you should take.
And, if you choose not to adopt out, being a mother at 15/16 (however old you are when you have the child) is going to be incredibly difficult. Your boyfriend, as the father of this child, has an obligation to care for this child just as much as you do. Can you count on him 100% to do that? Are you going to stay in school to prepare yourself for employment and thus a means of earning income to support your child? Is your boyfriend going to financially support your child? The cost of raising a child to age 18 is, on average, $235,000... that's over four times the amount of money that an average person earns in just one year. Who is going to take care of the finances if you and your boyfriend are still years away from finishing school?
I really hope I'm not coming across as gruff and comfortless... I really do wholeheartedly wish the absolute best for you and your child! But this still is a VERY serious matter that will affect the life of your child for as long as he/she lives, and I just wanted to bring up some things for you to consider and put a lot of thought into.
Again, I hope everything comes through in the end. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to message me!

L'Aviatrice
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.