View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19

Re: My Friend has an eating Disorder really bad - March 27th 2009, 12:12 AM

Hey Sophie,

Posting here shows what an amazing friend you must be to her and how lucky she is to have you. Just caring about her and wanting to help and support her is amazing, because support is most definitely something she needs right now. Fighting an eating disorder isn't easy but it's even harder when you're fighting it on your own, right now she needs as much support as she can get.

If you're worried about her spending time in the hospital think of it this way, at least you can be sure she'll be getting the help she needs to fight this and beat it. You can know for certain she's fighting and not just giving in and the hospital might be good for her, it might be what she needs right now. I agree with Mimi that visiting her in the hospital if you can, or even trying to call her while she's staying there, could really be a help for her. Try seeing it from her perspective for a moment; she's about to go off somewhere new, the hospital could be very frightening for her right now because this is going to be such a huge change, it's something she doesn't have experience with and might have heard bad stories about. And she'll be alone as well, there won't be any familiar or friendly faces at first when she needs someone to help her settle into this new place, which can make it even more terrifying because it could cause her to feel alone and afraid. Hearing the voice of someone she cares about or even seeing you in person, might really help out, at least in the beginning when she's trying to adjust to all the new changes.

Otherwise, keep trying to support her as best you can. Don't force food into her or push her too hard because that might just have the opposite effect of what you're intending, it could just push her away which is something you definitely don't want to do. Be supportive, keep telling her you're there for her anytime she needs to talk about anything. Listen when she needs to rant or get something out; give advice if you can but most of all, just listen. Let her say what she needs to say, let her get it out.

Let me know anytime you want to talk, ok? Take good care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.