(#19 (permalink)) Old
Megan1 Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16 Points: 12,202, Level: 16

Re: Talking about religion - September 18th 2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwirth View Post
Having a civil conversation isn't a debate, and why not out of curiosity? If you want to lead them unto Christ, you have to be willing to listen to someone first. If you are strong in your faith then you shouldn't have a problem with what others have to say. What wrong with learning? I see it this way, I love to see people convert to my religion, it makes me so happy cuz I know it will make them happy but if my friend invited me to church with her one Sunday how could I say no if I would offer the same invitation and hope they would say yes. Its a give and take sort of thing. Even Missionaries of my church that go out to preach the gospel would go to another church if politely invited. It shows that we respect other faiths and would like to teach you about our if you would like to listen.
I don't mind knowing what other people believe. When I said I wouldn't talk about it "out of curiosity", I guess I meant I wouldn't talk about it with the possibility of changing what I believe or caring about other beliefs. It is nice to know about them just so I'm not clueless while witnessing to people of that religion. It will help me to know how to reach them. I don't respect false religions or anything that goes against my God, so I wouldn't be listening because I care about their religion...but I would be listening because I care about the person, and knowing what they believe will help me to know how to share Jesus with them.

p.s. I don't try to bring people to Jesus to make them happy (though that's a plus). I try to bring people to Jesus to save their souls.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946870 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!