(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dizzy Heights. Offline
Everybody has something
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Theo

Points: 6,969, Level: 12 Points: 6,969, Level: 12 Points: 6,969, Level: 12

Re: Lonely - November 14th 2012, 05:39 PM

Hey Sarah,

Feeling lonely definitely sucks; I'm really sorry to hear that you're currently feeling that way.

If these 'friends' ignore you when something is wrong then I'd suggest it's time to reassess your friendship with these people. In my opinion friendship is give and take; you can't pick somebody up when you need them just to drop them again. It's about not only being there through the good times but the bad times too. These 'friends' may have been good for you when you first met them but things have clearly changed since then. You deserve nothing less than some friends who will love and care for you unconditionally.

I can appreciate why you're hesitant to open up to your boyfriend and closest friend due to their issues that they're currently dealing with but put the shoe on the other foot for a second, would you want them to feel like they could open up to you about their problems even if they were aware that you were dealing with issues of your own?

I'm sure there are plenty of people on Teen Help, including myself, who would be more than happy to both talk and listen to you about the way that you're currently feeling. You would probably be surprised just how many like minded people are within the community, I can assure you that you're not alone.
Another option would be to consider going to a councillor. Even though I'm sure going to see somebody who's a professional can seem quite daunting, hearing yourself talk about your problems can be extremely liberating and you don't have to worry about them judging you because that's not what they're there to do. They're completely detached from your life and you don't have to worry about them telling a friend or a friend or anything like that.
Maybe you prefer to write your feelings down? In which case you could always create a blog which you use to vent and let go of everything that you're feeling.

Nobody should ever have to suffer in silence and let their feelings eat them up inside. If you'd ever like somebody to talk to or somebody to simply sit and listen to you then I'm only ever a PM or VM away. I hope that I've been able to help in one way or another.

Chin up and take care.

Just because you're hurt, doesn't mean you're broken.