TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
entangledmind Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Sarah
Location: the dark abiss of my mind. the only place left untouched by unwanted company

Points: 8,868, Level: 13 Points: 8,868, Level: 13 Points: 8,868, Level: 13

Lonely - November 14th 2012, 07:06 AM

I feel really lonely right now... Many of my friends ignore me when they find out something is wrong. Currently I only have two true friends and one of them is my boyfriend. However I am reluctant to share my problems because one of them deals with a lot of the same problems I have and worries about me to a fault when I tell him my problems. I don't want him worrying too much about me. (He has anxiety and stuff and I don't want to be a trigger for him)
And it's similar with my boyfriend. However with him I'm also reluctant to tell him because I have restriction about seeing/talking/communicating with him and I don't want to leave him off in a conversation where I'm broken. I've done that a couple of times leaving him worried about me all week. So now I barely share anything with him.
But these are my only two friends who've I've ever been able to trust. I have no physical person to open up to. What should I do?

I tell people i'm
tired. But in reality

i'm just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wU...C66B1A12A9745D

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losthope Offline
Banned
Not a n00b

Points: 7,948, Level: 13 Points: 7,948, Level: 13 Points: 7,948, Level: 13

Re: Lonely - November 14th 2012, 04:06 PM

I might be helpful to talk on here as much as you can to help you deal with how you are feeling it is important to talk about how you are feeling so that you do not keep it bottled up inside of you. If you want to PM me I would be more than happy to listen to anything you have to say. I hope that you are doing a little better.

Take Care,
-Lost Hope
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dizzy Heights. Offline
Everybody has something
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Theo

Points: 6,969, Level: 12 Points: 6,969, Level: 12 Points: 6,969, Level: 12

Re: Lonely - November 14th 2012, 05:39 PM

Hey Sarah,

Feeling lonely definitely sucks; I'm really sorry to hear that you're currently feeling that way.

If these 'friends' ignore you when something is wrong then I'd suggest it's time to reassess your friendship with these people. In my opinion friendship is give and take; you can't pick somebody up when you need them just to drop them again. It's about not only being there through the good times but the bad times too. These 'friends' may have been good for you when you first met them but things have clearly changed since then. You deserve nothing less than some friends who will love and care for you unconditionally.

I can appreciate why you're hesitant to open up to your boyfriend and closest friend due to their issues that they're currently dealing with but put the shoe on the other foot for a second, would you want them to feel like they could open up to you about their problems even if they were aware that you were dealing with issues of your own?

I'm sure there are plenty of people on Teen Help, including myself, who would be more than happy to both talk and listen to you about the way that you're currently feeling. You would probably be surprised just how many like minded people are within the community, I can assure you that you're not alone.
Another option would be to consider going to a councillor. Even though I'm sure going to see somebody who's a professional can seem quite daunting, hearing yourself talk about your problems can be extremely liberating and you don't have to worry about them judging you because that's not what they're there to do. They're completely detached from your life and you don't have to worry about them telling a friend or a friend or anything like that.
Maybe you prefer to write your feelings down? In which case you could always create a blog which you use to vent and let go of everything that you're feeling.

Nobody should ever have to suffer in silence and let their feelings eat them up inside. If you'd ever like somebody to talk to or somebody to simply sit and listen to you then I'm only ever a PM or VM away. I hope that I've been able to help in one way or another.

Chin up and take care.

Just because you're hurt, doesn't mean you're broken.
Closed Thread