Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): acne #puberty probs
View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59

Re: acne #puberty probs - December 1st 2012, 04:18 AM

I had acne as well, and even though mine wasn't overly bad it was something I was really embarrassed about due to its location. It was right between the eyes where everybody looks. What I had to do was see my doctor (a dermatologist is also fine) and get a prescription acne medication, because I had tried a lot of different over the counter things. This acne medication is Benzaclin, and it helped me a lot. When I get acne now, it is very mild.

The Oxy treatments did help me for a while though. I used the face wash and the face pads. It recommends that you wash your face with that twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. But, I found that this left my skin EXTREMELY dry to the point where it peeled, and if that happens to you, try to do it once a day instead and see if that helps.

But, if you don't find an acne treatment such as Proactive, Neutrogena, or Oxy that works for you, it'd be okay to see a dermatologist and see what's up.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive