TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Points: 10,202, Level: 14 Points: 10,202, Level: 14 Points: 10,202, Level: 14

acne #puberty probs - November 26th 2012, 05:27 AM

okay so latly ive been having um mild to bad acne and ive watched abonch of videos and shit but idk what to use i look up diffret methods like
>oral antibotics
>witch hazel (tryed it doesnt do shit)
>those cheap ass kits from walmart (tryed it didnt help)
>and those skin scrubythings(tryed it)

im thinking about asking my mom to got to a drematoligist
but idk what do you guys think i should do and what are some of your experiances if you want me to post pics of my acne i will

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Re: acne #puberty probs - November 26th 2012, 05:28 AM

its more around my cheeks and lower face

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: acne #puberty probs - November 26th 2012, 06:24 AM

Hi Dominick!
Sorry to hear about this. I know that pesky acne can be annoying as I deal with it too. I haven't actually had the chance to try these things out because I just wash my face often so I'm not sure if they work but I got a list of things you can try out. I researched things awhile ago.
One thing to consider, do you have red skin? All acne will eventually go away unless you have a skin condition such as rosecea. It could be just severe acne or a skin condition. If you have a skin condition normal treatments won't work, so I'd recommend you go to a dermatologist and get it checked out if nothing else works.

- Use rubbing alcohol
- Ultra Rapid Action Pads
- Biore Toner
- Neutrogena Toner
- BC
- Proactiv
- Acne Free
- Olay Toner

But be careful not to over wash and get rid of the oils that you need. If you don't have the oil it needs, you will end up producing more than you need resulting in a major breakout...worst than before.
Don't wash with too hot of water... Little warm to open and then cold after to close the pores.

Make sure you're drinking healthy too. Water.. No soda. Drop Pepsi and Coke if you can. Try not to be tempted to touch your face. Try to use the Oxy Spot Treatment stuff. I leave it on for a while or over night, and it helps.

Try to figure out your skin. Work with different things and see how many times a day you need to wash it. Keep in mind it can not work and be because of the amount you're using. Don't use too much. Try to use less and work with it.

Hope this helped! Let me know how it goes. Good luck.

~ Christabel

(#4 (permalink)) Old
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Re: acne #puberty probs - November 26th 2012, 06:31 AM

thanks christabel i think i just found my chrismas wish list lol thank you i cant wait to try these

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: acne #puberty probs - November 26th 2012, 07:44 AM

Lol no problem. Hope they work for you.

~ Christabel
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Cloud15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,149, Level: 12 Points: 7,149, Level: 12 Points: 7,149, Level: 12

Re: acne #puberty probs - November 27th 2012, 12:30 AM

I had really, really bad acne eariler..... But this is what I do, you can decide if you want to do it to. Okay I used and looked and tired so many different ance cleaning things, I just don't even want to remember the horrors. So this what I do everytime I go to wash my hands I also wash my face ( or if it feels oily) with normal or anti- bacterial foam hand soap. Also I use Gariner Pure 3 in 1 for oily skin ( wask/ scrub/ mask) every time I shower, which helps keep the acne away.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: acne #puberty probs - December 1st 2012, 04:18 AM

I had acne as well, and even though mine wasn't overly bad it was something I was really embarrassed about due to its location. It was right between the eyes where everybody looks. What I had to do was see my doctor (a dermatologist is also fine) and get a prescription acne medication, because I had tried a lot of different over the counter things. This acne medication is Benzaclin, and it helped me a lot. When I get acne now, it is very mild.

The Oxy treatments did help me for a while though. I used the face wash and the face pads. It recommends that you wash your face with that twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. But, I found that this left my skin EXTREMELY dry to the point where it peeled, and if that happens to you, try to do it once a day instead and see if that helps.

But, if you don't find an acne treatment such as Proactive, Neutrogena, or Oxy that works for you, it'd be okay to see a dermatologist and see what's up.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
lolking101 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: pie man

Points: 8,105, Level: 13 Points: 8,105, Level: 13 Points: 8,105, Level: 13

Re: acne #puberty probs - December 7th 2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by life's_a_true_bitch View Post
okay so latly ive been having um mild to bad acne and ive watched abonch of videos and shit but idk what to use i look up diffret methods like
>oral antibotics
>witch hazel (tryed it doesnt do shit)
>those cheap ass kits from walmart (tryed it didnt help)
>and those skin scrubythings(tryed it)

im thinking about asking my mom to got to a drematoligist
but idk what do you guys think i should do and what are some of your experiances if you want me to post pics of my acne i will
Oh hey I havent been here for like 4 months, but your acne problem, You could talk to your mom I have acne but i ignore because I am public schooled and its hardly noticed, but you should talk to your mom about it if i wasent home schooled I would ask my mom so you should!
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21 Points: 22,944, Level: 21

Re: acne #puberty probs - December 8th 2012, 10:09 AM

Hey there, Dominick, glad to see you are still around

I have extremely bad acne from the time I reached puberty age until I was 14 (started at 12). Anyway, my mum got me face cleasing wipes. I use two a day and viola, acne solved, only have to watch for it during that time of every 3 months...

But still, those wipes get deep into the pores and remove all dirt, make sure you do wash your face properly as well and never use soap. Makes it worse, it clogs up the pores.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.
Closed Thread