TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Rape and Abuse (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/)
-   -   rape (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f13-rape-abuse/t104489-rape/)

glossophobic June 19th 2012 02:17 AM

rape

when i was seven i was raped by a family friend, that used to live ion my house. i the beginning i thought it was my fault so i tried to forget and for along time i did and i never thought about. i had stayed quiet especially when he went back to mexico but once he came back a couple of years later, it became hard to avoid him but i still tried. even when he close to me i was just stay standing in total shock i couldnt even move from the spot. this the first time i even wrote or tried to speak out about this. i dont feel like its my fault anymore but it still feels embarrassing just saying it and i still havent told anyone in my family what happened. i just dont know what to do anymore, it feels pointless to me to even tell my parents anything especially with a lot of problems with family at the moment.

KimmyKitty June 19th 2012 02:48 AM

Re: rape

he shouldnt just get away with something like rape

LANIKA June 19th 2012 09:33 AM

Tell your parents. Please, tell your parents.

DeletedAccount69 June 19th 2012 02:42 PM

Hey,

There are numerous actions you can take the most important thing is to take the course of action that will be the most comfortable for you. Will you feel more comfortable telling a friend at first? Do you think your parents will be supportive? What I can tell you is being quiet will not help you resolve this. The most important thing is getting/finding a good support network for this.

I too had a similar situation happen to me and I didn't know what to do. I had 'repressed' the memories so at the time that I 'remembered' I was in a clinic getting therapy and group therapy. Anyway, I told my group and they were very supportive and from there I was able to tell my parents, then my brothers and some friends. After that I slowly started dealing with it in therapy and have been ever since.

So, what I am getting at is, you need a support network but you also need to go at your pace. Not everyone has supportive parents but they have supportive friends etc. So evaluate your situation and go from there. You don't have to rush into making a decision but just know that keeping quiet won't help you heal and you DESERVE to heal.

If you need ANYTHING please feel free to pm me.

Jenna

Coffee. June 28th 2012 03:18 AM

Hi there,

The most important thing to do is to get yourself the emotional support you need. This may not include reporting it to authorities. This may just mean getting yourself therapy and telling your parents so they are able to support your process to recovery, along with close friends. Even if you do nothing else, surround yourself with people who care.

You do not deserve to suffer alone. You can do this, stay strong!