TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

View Poll Results: what do i do?
tell my parents? 17 65.38%
keep it to myself? 0 0%
try to find my own help until im ready to speak out? 1 3.85%
just keep quiet? 1 3.85%
tell a friend and try to find support? 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
glossophobic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abby

Points: 7,187, Level: 12 Points: 7,187, Level: 12 Points: 7,187, Level: 12

Unhappy rape - June 19th 2012, 02:17 AM

when i was seven i was raped by a family friend, that used to live ion my house. i the beginning i thought it was my fault so i tried to forget and for along time i did and i never thought about. i had stayed quiet especially when he went back to mexico but once he came back a couple of years later, it became hard to avoid him but i still tried. even when he close to me i was just stay standing in total shock i couldnt even move from the spot. this the first time i even wrote or tried to speak out about this. i dont feel like its my fault anymore but it still feels embarrassing just saying it and i still havent told anyone in my family what happened. i just dont know what to do anymore, it feels pointless to me to even tell my parents anything especially with a lot of problems with family at the moment.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
KimmyKitty Offline
Queen Kitty Bae
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kimberly

Points: 10,840, Level: 15 Points: 10,840, Level: 15 Points: 10,840, Level: 15

Re: rape - June 19th 2012, 02:48 AM

he shouldnt just get away with something like rape
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LANIKA Offline
blue steel
Not a n00b

Name: Lanika

Points: 8,720, Level: 13 Points: 8,720, Level: 13 Points: 8,720, Level: 13

Re: rape - June 19th 2012, 09:33 AM

Tell your parents. Please, tell your parents.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: rape - June 19th 2012, 02:42 PM

Hey,

There are numerous actions you can take the most important thing is to take the course of action that will be the most comfortable for you. Will you feel more comfortable telling a friend at first? Do you think your parents will be supportive? What I can tell you is being quiet will not help you resolve this. The most important thing is getting/finding a good support network for this.

I too had a similar situation happen to me and I didn't know what to do. I had 'repressed' the memories so at the time that I 'remembered' I was in a clinic getting therapy and group therapy. Anyway, I told my group and they were very supportive and from there I was able to tell my parents, then my brothers and some friends. After that I slowly started dealing with it in therapy and have been ever since.

So, what I am getting at is, you need a support network but you also need to go at your pace. Not everyone has supportive parents but they have supportive friends etc. So evaluate your situation and go from there. You don't have to rush into making a decision but just know that keeping quiet won't help you heal and you DESERVE to heal.

If you need ANYTHING please feel free to pm me.

Jenna
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: rape - June 28th 2012, 03:18 AM

Hi there,

The most important thing to do is to get yourself the emotional support you need. This may not include reporting it to authorities. This may just mean getting yourself therapy and telling your parents so they are able to support your process to recovery, along with close friends. Even if you do nothing else, surround yourself with people who care.

You do not deserve to suffer alone. You can do this, stay strong!

something burning?
Closed Thread