TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Eating Disorders (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/)
-   -   My eating disorder (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f15-eating-disorders/t82084-my-eating-disorder/)

kbell August 18th 2011 03:04 AM

My eating disorder

I've spent the past year going back and forth from not eating to eating and throwing it up. It started because my mom always calls me fat and I started to believe her. I still do. I was a gymnast so my weight matters a lot to me. Anyway, two weeks ago I finally decided that I wanted to stop all this craziness and try to overcome my eating problems. My mom started calling me fat and stuff again and I relapsed after only a week. I feel like a failure and I don't have the strength to try to get back up and keep trying to overcome this.
Once again I just needed to let that out. I'd love to know if you guys have any ideas to help me get back on my feet. And what you guys do when you're feeling particularly bad about yourself.

Eternal August 18th 2011 05:10 AM

Re: My eating disorder

You should talk to your mother about this. Tell her how much it upsets you when she calls you fat, and how much it affects you. As your mother, she should be supporting you and making sure you have self-esteem rather than break you down.
Try your best to ignore her, you're beautiful. Whats important is if you think that. Don't let her words change the way you see yourself.
Instead of starving yourself and throwing up, just eat healthy and get some exercise. You'll still stay at a healthy weight, but it will be better for you and keep your metabolism up.

Coffee. August 18th 2011 06:09 AM

As Nicole said, I would talk to your mother. She has no right to treat you this way. You should also see if both you and your mother can start seeing a professional. Your behavior is unhealthy, and surprisingly, your mother's is unhealthy for herself as well, people don't pick on others unless they themselves have something to be insecure about.
Here are some healthy alternatives to Self Harm which can also be handy for purging as well. Reply or message me if you need anything!

Worthless Dreaming August 18th 2011 02:58 PM

Honey, I would really talk to your mother and tell her how your feeling, she should not be making you feel this badly about yourself. If nothing changes I would see a school counselor and talk to them about it. An eating disorder can be a scary thing, and someone suffering needs all the love and affection they can get when trying to recover. Stay strong!

kbell August 18th 2011 09:26 PM

Thanks, I've tried to talk to her about it and she gets sort of mad. But I'll try again. :)