TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Food and Recipes (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/)
-   -   Meal Delivery services (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f184-food-recipes/t161603-meal-delivery-services/)

DeletedAccount69 April 28th 2021 01:00 AM

Meal Delivery services

Has anyone tried them?

I tried every plate. I might try a few more sometime soon. The initial sign up usually leads to them being cheaper. I found them to be quite helpful in making good dinners. I fell into a deep pit of anxiety/depression and struggled to keep up. I canceled and will look into other services.

Feel free to share the ones you've liked most and I might look into them sometime soon.

Dawn. April 28th 2021 06:30 AM

Re: Meal Delivery services

In Australia, they have something called Lite n' Easy where you can choose the package, the amount of days you want and what meals you would like and they will delivery to your house. It is a little pricey but it's worth it for me as it takes the time out of meal prepping and they do all the portion control for me.

DeletedAccount69 April 28th 2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk. (Post 1366439)
In Australia, they have something called Lite n' Easy where you can choose the package, the amount of days you want and what meals you would like and they will delivery to your house. It is a little pricey but it's worth it for me as it takes the time out of meal prepping and they do all the portion control for me.

Yes, those are some of the reasons I chose to do meal delivery. Plus, I do like to cook but I don't always know what to cook. These services give me good/easy meals to make and if I want to I could probably replicate them

Silvan April 28th 2021 04:37 PM

I've tried some, but resigned because the meals gradually became unsatisfying. For instance gluten&lactose free diet had products such as pasta, lasagne or cake every day - only in the gluten-free version. I had expected lots of veggies and meat instead. Plus the meals got overally quite poor in quality after some time. And the boxes - jeez, the plastic boxes for each meal were unbearable. There was an eco-packaging option, but for additional fees while the meals were already very expensive, so it's definitely discouraging.
However, there were significant upsides. The calories were calculated so I knew my approximate calorie intake. On the days when I had the diet ordered, I didn't feel like eating any additional foods AND it was easy for me to stick to certain meal times instead of grabbing snacks in between.

Dawn. April 29th 2021 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. (Post 1366450)
Yes, those are some of the reasons I chose to do meal delivery. Plus, I do like to cook but I don't always know what to cook. These services give me good/easy meals to make and if I want to I could probably replicate them

There has been times when I didn't order for a week and I can look online on their website to see what they have and I've made it to the best of my ability.

Liqued July 23rd 2021 08:32 PM

I'll take a note.