TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Food and Recipes Discuss cooking, your favourite foods, and share recipes here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Meal Delivery services - April 28th 2021, 01:00 AM

Has anyone tried them?

I tried every plate. I might try a few more sometime soon. The initial sign up usually leads to them being cheaper. I found them to be quite helpful in making good dinners. I fell into a deep pit of anxiety/depression and struggled to keep up. I canceled and will look into other services.

Feel free to share the ones you've liked most and I might look into them sometime soon.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: Meal Delivery services - April 28th 2021, 06:30 AM

In Australia, they have something called Lite n' Easy where you can choose the package, the amount of days you want and what meals you would like and they will delivery to your house. It is a little pricey but it's worth it for me as it takes the time out of meal prepping and they do all the portion control for me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Meal Delivery services - April 28th 2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
In Australia, they have something called Lite n' Easy where you can choose the package, the amount of days you want and what meals you would like and they will delivery to your house. It is a little pricey but it's worth it for me as it takes the time out of meal prepping and they do all the portion control for me.

Yes, those are some of the reasons I chose to do meal delivery. Plus, I do like to cook but I don't always know what to cook. These services give me good/easy meals to make and if I want to I could probably replicate them
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33

Re: Meal Delivery services - April 28th 2021, 04:37 PM

I've tried some, but resigned because the meals gradually became unsatisfying. For instance gluten&lactose free diet had products such as pasta, lasagne or cake every day - only in the gluten-free version. I had expected lots of veggies and meat instead. Plus the meals got overally quite poor in quality after some time. And the boxes - jeez, the plastic boxes for each meal were unbearable. There was an eco-packaging option, but for additional fees while the meals were already very expensive, so it's definitely discouraging.
However, there were significant upsides. The calories were calculated so I knew my approximate calorie intake. On the days when I had the diet ordered, I didn't feel like eating any additional foods AND it was easy for me to stick to certain meal times instead of grabbing snacks in between.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: Meal Delivery services - April 29th 2021, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Yes, those are some of the reasons I chose to do meal delivery. Plus, I do like to cook but I don't always know what to cook. These services give me good/easy meals to make and if I want to I could probably replicate them
There has been times when I didn't order for a week and I can look online on their website to see what they have and I've made it to the best of my ability.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Liqued Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3

Re: Meal Delivery services - July 23rd 2021, 08:32 PM

I'll take a note.
Closed Thread