TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f19-death-grieving-coping-loss/)
-   -   What Celebrity Death(s) In Your Lifetime Hit You The Hardest? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f19-death-grieving-coping-loss/t163424-what-celebrity-death-s-your-lifetime-hit-you-hardest/)

Ramona Q. November 28th 2022 12:18 AM

What Celebrity Death(s) In Your Lifetime Hit You The Hardest?

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I have two. First, Cameron Boyce. He was so young and it was so sudden and shocking. He had his whole life ahead of him and it sucks that it was so suddenly cut short.
Next, Betty White, even though she was 99 and lived a full life, she was just days shy of turning the big 1-0-0.
Please let me know in the comments about yours![/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]

Kate* November 28th 2022 04:23 AM

Re: What Celebrity Death(s) In Your Lifetime Hit You The Hardest?

Corey Haim, I'm a 90's kid, but for some reason his was REALLY hard on me
Robin Williams
Bob Saget- still doesn't feel real
Aaron Carter

I'm sure there are others, but those are the first ones that come to mind.

Arabesque- golfing girl. November 28th 2022 08:40 AM

Hello,

It is really upsetting when we are told that a celebrity has passed away. Our grandparents, parents, aunt and uncle grew up watching them on the different TV shows and then we are listening to new people singing all of the time in the car and we have our favorite songs by them and then they pass away and it's very hard to watch those shows and listen to the music now. When someone passes away with time it does get better and however you are feeling, that is totally okay and if you have any friends or family members who used to watch them or listen to them singing, see about talking about how you are feeling with them. Also when you are having a hard time with this, try to find something to help you to feel better soon, for example try going for a walk around your house for a while or drawing or painting or writing or listening to music or calling a friend or family member or watching a movie or TV show to help you to feel better. Time is one of the things that can help you to feel better and it can take a while. If you would like, you are more than welcome to come and join us and you can talk about this or anything else that you are going through. I hope you will be okay soon.

Ennui. November 28th 2022 03:31 PM

Chester Bennington of Lincoln Park definitely hit me.

DeletedAccount81 November 28th 2022 04:40 PM

Betty White was a tough loss for me. I know she was almost 100, but she was supposed to be immortal.

Everglow. November 28th 2022 07:04 PM

Incoming nerd here...

Elisabeth Sladen & Bernard Cribbins. These two broke my heart.

Also Robin Williams. I remember exactly where I was when I heard about him. Another one I remember clear as day was Steve Irwin. I loved that guy.

Dawn. December 4th 2022 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennui. (Post 1382879)
Chester Bennington of Lincoln Park definitely hit me.

Mine is also Chester Bennington.

Chris Cornell, Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse was another one.

Coffee. January 11th 2023 07:07 PM

I agree with Aaron Carter and Chester Bennington. Both were meaningful stars to me at formative times in my life and their deaths were untimely by age.

Celyn November 3rd 2023 09:53 PM

Alan Rickman (loved him as Snape and wasn't prepared to loose him so soon!)

Robin Williams (mostly though because I had been watching an episode of Family Guy that had a Robin Williams storyline in it on TV, literally a few hours before I found out he had died...it just felt very surreal).

George Alagiah (A BBC newsreader...he had cancer so he had been off air for a while, but I would sometimes see an article about him on the BBC website and was glad to hear that he had returned to work for a while. Then one day, I randomly thought about him and wondered how he was and the following day found out he passed a way. It seems strange but I guess you get used to newsreaders when you see them on an almost daily basis. The BBC did a tribute to him and I just wanted to cry. He just seems like a really down to earth and caring person. He definitely made me realise the importance of telling people close to you that you love them.)

Ambedo. November 6th 2023 03:45 AM

Chester Bennington and Matthew Perry both hit me really hard. Both played big roles in formative parts of my life and, in one way or another, both got me through some difficult times.