TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t140880-what-month-were-you-born-were-you-one-oldest-youngest-members-your-class-school/)

It is 57 below zero October 2nd 2015 06:31 AM

What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school?

Did your birthday placement make you one of the oldest or the youngest members in your class when you were in school, or were you in the middle?

How did it make you feel to be one of the oldest/youngest?

hocus pocus October 2nd 2015 07:21 AM

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school?

My birthday is in the beginning of June and I've always been one of the youngest. My birthday was always at the end of a school year and most kids had birthdays from September to March or so and then birthdays would come to a halt for a while. I used to dislike being younger but now I don't mind. It was typical kid stuff. Eventually, I realized my birthday is six months after Christmas so things were evenly spread. These days I don't think much of it. I may have always been one of the youngest kids in my grade but I'm the oldest kid in my family. :p

Celyn October 2nd 2015 10:17 AM

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school?

My birthday is in December so I guess I've been one of the oldest in my classes. I don't take much notice really because I love December and love having my birthday then. I guess I kind of envied those born in the summer because they had something to look forward to :p I'm the eldest in my family though....I go through phases of hating it and loving it :p

Nightblood. October 2nd 2015 10:34 AM

My birthday is in early November so I was right before the birthday cut off which made me the youngest person in my grade. When I was younger I didn't really notice it, it was never really mentioned. Once I hit freshman year of high school I was targeted quite a bit.

Ennui. October 2nd 2015 11:05 AM

My birthday is in June but I always thought I was in the middle. D:

Jesus Christ. October 2nd 2015 11:59 AM

November, so I was once of the oldest

Rivière October 2nd 2015 01:58 PM

I was born in the middle of June. This meant I was younger than a lot of other people in my year group.

A school I went to, age also meant status, the older you were the more 'status' you had, as I was one of the younger ones in the year naturally I had the occasional remark about my birth date which at the time didn't really make me feel good so I'd sometimes which I was born at a different month. As I grew up I didn't care as much and was a lot more happier that I was younger than them.

Storyteller. October 3rd 2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchWelshWolf (Post 1205250)
My birthday is in December so I guess I've been one of the oldest in my classes. I don't take much notice really because I love December and love having my birthday then. I guess I kind of envied those born in the summer because they had something to look forward to :p I'm the eldest in my family though....I go through phases of hating it and loving it :p

This confused me so much. I'm born in December too, making me one of the youngest in my year and also born in the summer. XD I'm also pretty much the youngest in my family, aside from one cousin who's about half a year younger. :p

Celyn October 3rd 2015 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~Glittery Queer~* (Post 1205317)

This confused me so much. I'm born in December too, making me one of the youngest in my year and also born in the summer. XD I'm also pretty much the youngest in my family, aside from one cousin who's about half a year younger. :p

Ahhhhh, I forgot that you live the other side of the world XD I still can't get used to the idea that your summer includes December :p

obelus October 3rd 2015 02:15 PM

I started school a year early and my birthday is in October. :p

DeletedAccount19 October 3rd 2015 04:19 PM

I was one of the youngest in my original graduating class (Class of 2003) but my extended high school plan (Class of 2005) made me the second oldest. :)

MWF October 3rd 2015 06:44 PM

I was one of the oldest, but I never felt like it because my best friends were the very oldest.

MsNobleEleanor October 3rd 2015 09:11 PM

I was always the oldest in my class in public and high school because I got held back. So I was either, a year older or two years older that my classmates.

When I went to College, I was one of a few students who were the oldest and many were between 17-19.

Now, I started night school and there up to 3-6 year age difference from myself and my classmates, meaning I was the oldest. However, I am withdrawing from my night classes. It was strange to see a 16 year old and the closest age to me was one 20 y/o. Most of them were 16.