TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

View Poll Results: ...
I'm one of the oldest 8 38.10%
I'm one of the youngest 11 52.38%
I'm around the middle 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Malik

Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12 Points: 7,444, Level: 12

What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 06:31 AM

Did your birthday placement make you one of the oldest or the youngest members in your class when you were in school, or were you in the middle?

How did it make you feel to be one of the oldest/youngest?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 07:21 AM

My birthday is in the beginning of June and I've always been one of the youngest. My birthday was always at the end of a school year and most kids had birthdays from September to March or so and then birthdays would come to a halt for a while. I used to dislike being younger but now I don't mind. It was typical kid stuff. Eventually, I realized my birthday is six months after Christmas so things were evenly spread. These days I don't think much of it. I may have always been one of the youngest kids in my grade but I'm the oldest kid in my family.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 10:17 AM

My birthday is in December so I guess I've been one of the oldest in my classes. I don't take much notice really because I love December and love having my birthday then. I guess I kind of envied those born in the summer because they had something to look forward to I'm the eldest in my family though....I go through phases of hating it and loving it

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 10:34 AM

My birthday is in early November so I was right before the birthday cut off which made me the youngest person in my grade. When I was younger I didn't really notice it, it was never really mentioned. Once I hit freshman year of high school I was targeted quite a bit.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 11:05 AM

My birthday is in June but I always thought I was in the middle.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 11:59 AM

November, so I was once of the oldest
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Rivičre Offline
Par la rivičre
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 2nd 2015, 01:58 PM

I was born in the middle of June. This meant I was younger than a lot of other people in my year group.

A school I went to, age also meant status, the older you were the more 'status' you had, as I was one of the younger ones in the year naturally I had the occasional remark about my birth date which at the time didn't really make me feel good so I'd sometimes which I was born at a different month. As I grew up I didn't care as much and was a lot more happier that I was younger than them.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchWelshWolf View Post
My birthday is in December so I guess I've been one of the oldest in my classes. I don't take much notice really because I love December and love having my birthday then. I guess I kind of envied those born in the summer because they had something to look forward to I'm the eldest in my family though....I go through phases of hating it and loving it
This confused me so much. I'm born in December too, making me one of the youngest in my year and also born in the summer. I'm also pretty much the youngest in my family, aside from one cousin who's about half a year younger.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Glittery Queer~* View Post

This confused me so much. I'm born in December too, making me one of the youngest in my year and also born in the summer. I'm also pretty much the youngest in my family, aside from one cousin who's about half a year younger.
Ahhhhh, I forgot that you live the other side of the world I still can't get used to the idea that your summer includes December

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I've been here a while

Name: Oliver
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 02:15 PM

I started school a year early and my birthday is in October.

“Peace is power”
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 04:19 PM

I was one of the youngest in my original graduating class (Class of 2003) but my extended high school plan (Class of 2005) made me the second oldest.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 06:44 PM

I was one of the oldest, but I never felt like it because my best friends were the very oldest.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: What month were you born in, and were you one of the oldest or youngest members in your class at school? - October 3rd 2015, 09:11 PM

I was always the oldest in my class in public and high school because I got held back. So I was either, a year older or two years older that my classmates.

When I went to College, I was one of a few students who were the oldest and many were between 17-19.

Now, I started night school and there up to 3-6 year age difference from myself and my classmates, meaning I was the oldest. However, I am withdrawing from my night classes. It was strange to see a 16 year old and the closest age to me was one 20 y/o. Most of them were 16.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread