TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Goals and Ambitions (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/)
-   -   What is your career goal ? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/t140943-what-your-career-goal/)

komaljain0012 October 5th 2015 07:25 AM

What is your career goal ?

Hi

Please help me...What is your career goal ?

Skyline October 5th 2015 05:14 PM

Re: What is your career goal ?

Hey there :) Personally I don't like the idea of having one career and sticking to that my whole life. For now I imagine myself travelling for a fe years and doing work in exchange for a bed and food.

Celyn October 5th 2015 06:48 PM

Hey there,

My career goal is to become a teacher. However, I am aware that life can be unpredictable so sticking to one goal may not always be possible. Keeping options open is definitely good.

Is there something in particular that you want help with? If you're looking for inspiration and don't know what career path to follow, it might help to think about the things you enjoy doing, are interested in and are good at. Perhaps do some research online or ask a teacher, counsellor, friend or relative for their opinions and advice.

DeletedAccount63 October 6th 2015 12:39 AM

I want to go back to school and major in Psychology and minor in ASL. I want to be a therapist to help people like people have helped me. I also want to be able to translate for other people.

fallingstargirl October 6th 2015 01:00 AM

I would love to be a journalist, because I love writing (and hopefully having a job like that would mean I would travel), and I also want to at least get a minor in Spanish - I'm almost fluent right now :)

Always * October 6th 2015 02:50 AM

Marketing and public relations is my goal. I have a specific focus on research and marketing analytics (like reporting on how a product or fundraiser did). If I had to, I can fall back onto my sociology background and enter social work, but marketing is a much larger and more lucrative field where there are more intriguing opportunities (based on what I like and want in life).

I also love reading and writing and would love to publish a book.

Astrophile. October 6th 2015 06:16 AM

My ultimate career goal is to be a social worker who specializes in women or teenagers in prison. My plan of action is to get my bachelors degree in sociology and women studies, and move on to get my MSW with a specialty in criminal justice. :)

MWF October 6th 2015 07:31 AM

I have a life goal... Get out of America, even if its just to Canada.

Kate* October 6th 2015 07:58 AM

I'm living proof that things don't always go the way you plan. Now I'm looking into everything from medical assisting to experimental psychology and public health. I would love something health related or advocacy for learning disabilities and/or Autism spectrum disorders.

Eternal October 6th 2015 04:21 PM

My career goal is to be a case manager or social worker and work with domestic violence victims/survivors or work with people with chemical dependencies.