TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What did you want to be/do when you grew up? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t37023-what-did-you-want-do-when-you-grew-up/)

Eternal December 22nd 2010 04:26 AM

Re: What do you want to be when you grow up?

Something that has to do with psychology. I'd like to be a therapist :)

alex2010 December 22nd 2010 04:48 AM

I'm a freshman in college. I wanna major in art teaching and teach photography or multimedia, and I wanna minor in photography

Just a nobody December 22nd 2010 05:29 AM

I want to be a pediatric cardiologist/cardiac surgeon... Or... A band director. Not sure which. If I follow my passion and talent, then I'll be taken to music. However, I really like helping people so I'll be taken to the medical field. I've got about a year to figure it out...

thefirstlady December 22nd 2010 03:14 PM

I'm an artist. I will also be a tattoo artist within the next year.

Aestai December 22nd 2010 10:39 PM

psychologist or an author :D

Skribbles December 24th 2010 05:36 AM

I would love to be either a musician or a clinical psychologist seeing as I love those subjects very much!

ColorGuardChick December 25th 2010 05:56 PM

im not sure, but probably a college professor, because i've always liked helping and educating people.

Harley Quinn December 27th 2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MondayComesAround (Post 541727)
A writer. :)

This is my dream job.

But, realistically, maybe a nano-tech engineer. The field interests me, though I'd rather be a Software Engineer. (I hate programming, and yes, nerdy me, I've tried it for a while). Though the neatness involved isn't very alluring, I think it's a job I can take up.

Verità December 27th 2010 11:32 PM

I honestly have no idea at this moment, but I want to do something with Psychology.

her_beautiful_mistake December 27th 2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Open Your Eyes (Post 544721)
I want to be a pediatric cardiologist/cardiac surgeon... Or... A band director. Not sure which. If I follow my passion and talent, then I'll be taken to music. However, I really like helping people so I'll be taken to the medical field. I've got about a year to figure it out...

So different! Even cardiologist/cardiac surgeon. If you're trying to decide try and decide not between band director and these specialities but between band director and being a doctor -- this is far far too early to choose a specific speciality! Penultimate year of medical school is considered early! It will undoubtably change. Also, things like cardiac surgery are so competitive that really you will struggle to get there if THAT is not your passion and talent! My passion is medicine :embarrassment

her_beautiful_mistake December 27th 2010 11:52 PM

People talking about what their dream job is and what their realistic job is makes me realise how lucky I am that for me, they are the same thing :)

DeletedAccount18 December 28th 2010 12:22 AM

I want to be a teacher. It has been my dream on and off for two decades. ^_^

DeletedAccount39 December 28th 2010 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon (Post 543732)
Prostitute.

Dear Lord Brandon... lol. :nosweat:

An elementary school music teacher, a high school English teacher, or a writer. :)

BUNNIEZ^_^ December 28th 2010 12:00 PM

Either a news anchor, journalist, english teacher or author. Or I would like to combine some of those. :D

Halo345 December 30th 2010 12:55 AM

Minor- Worship Leader Studies and Para-medicine
Major- RN
Master-CCRN

I plan to become a state trooper, then go for what ever positition that I feel I should chase all while being a Vol. Fire Fighter/EMT... And possibly go into the US Coast Guard as an officer as a USCGIS SpecialAgent

Le Papillon December 30th 2010 07:01 PM

LA and art teacher, with writer and artist on the side :P

Rauchesser January 18th 2011 04:06 AM

Re: What did you want to be/do when you grew up?

I want to open a muffin shop...which is the most ridiculous dream I've ever heard...

MegaMadness January 18th 2011 05:42 AM

Right now I want to be a West End star. :)

Everglow. January 19th 2011 07:39 PM

When i was young i always wanted to be an artist. Shame - coz now i cant draw :L
Now theres 3 things i wanna' do. Archeology, psychiatrist and actress. <-- let's see how that goes :)

llamasliketoparty January 19th 2011 08:45 PM

I want to be an American Sign Launguage Interpreter and I have since like the 5th grade haha I'm a high school senior now.

Ontheverge January 19th 2011 11:53 PM

I wanted to be an astronaut when I was little and all though the universe still fascinates me I suck at maths -.- that killed that dream. So now I want some thing to keep me outside, I have (and still am to some extent) considered the army. But I was slightly turned off by the small chance that small pieces of metal might find their way inside me at high velocity.

Berries and Cream January 20th 2011 02:06 AM

I want to be a vet because I LOVE animals(:

allyouneedislove January 20th 2011 04:40 AM

I remeber when I was a kid I wanted to be either an Actress or an anchorwoman but then I found my true calling in elementray when I joined choir for the first time and it clicked and I thought this is what I want to do for the rest of my life is sing. Me watching tv as a kid consisted of music channels and cartoons and thats it I was and still am inspired by all these amazing singers that are making their dream come true in the music business like orianthi her hands glide on that guitar.

i_am_waves January 20th 2011 04:48 AM

I have so many dreams. Right now I'm a professional body piercer, on my way to becoming a tattoo artist pretty soon. I really enjoy it and it's probably what I'll end up doing for quite a while. I also have a band I'm really serious about, and obviously I'd like to make it big with that, though the chances are slim. We've gotten paid for a few gigs though, so I guess that counts as a job. XD And completely unrelated to those two, I'm really interested in psychology and social work and someday maybe I'll get to go back to college and get an actual degree in psychology or something, lol.

SummerTiger February 26th 2011 09:13 PM

Was anyone like me when they were little? I never gave my dream job any thought until high school. It seems weird, cause all my friends would talk about what sort of job they wanted when they grew up, but I had absolutely no idea lol.

After starting university, I decided I wanted to be a doctor, or failing that, get some other job in the medical field. It can be very demanding, but very worth it.

Cheers!
Tiger

colie18 March 21st 2011 07:03 AM

To tell you the truth I want to have kids even I am older. I want to have a husband who loves me.. I want to be happy in what I am doing and if that happens then the money will come! :)

ATP747 March 27th 2011 03:01 AM

Currently working on becoming a commercial airline pilot.

LostTeen011 March 28th 2011 05:55 AM

I really had a hard time thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I could never really think of anything, so I just went along with what other kids said they wanted to be (e.g. laywer, veternarian, etc.) The only occupation I came up with on my own was a painter and a dolphin trainer.XD I remember around the time I wanted to be a dolphin trainer our local news came to interview my teacher and class. The news reporter picked three students to tell the news what they wanted to be when they grew up. I was a little upset they didn't pick me at the time, but looking back to it I'm glad they didn't. LOL.

Troubled_Heart March 28th 2011 06:53 PM

Either an author and illustrator, a rockstar or an astronaut... Kind of a fail because I can't draw to save my life, I can't sing and I'm scared of flying... although I would love to be a drummer... if I could play the drums... I would also love to be a pirate or phycologist and failing them an Optomatrist...

Just Peachy. March 28th 2011 07:05 PM

I wanted to be a lawyer.
I wanted to send people to jail! :D

01love March 28th 2011 07:41 PM

When I was small, I wanted to be a surgeon. I wanted to save lives. I never thought about the people I might kill though.

Now, I want to be a general practitioner or a medical researcher. I'm so scared of blood :X

chrissy2009 March 29th 2011 03:56 AM

I wanna be a singer and a writer! I am good at singing, i have been singing for over 15 years. same with writing. it's been my dream for so long. and slowly i'm getting there. :)

Lumos. March 31st 2011 10:06 PM

i want to be either a nurse or a singer..i used to want to be a teacher but not any more..

Evanescent April 1st 2011 04:51 AM

I'm going to become a Social Worker and be a therapist for children and adolesents like me who have been abused.

Lotus Eater April 4th 2011 10:36 AM

Presently majoring in psychology and possibly neuroscience. I've always wanted to be a psychiatrist though so I may try out for post-grad medicine in the future and see how it goes. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with clinical psychology :)

evans_x April 4th 2011 04:45 PM

I want to design dresses ! Yes, a fashion designer (: & I want to publish a book some time in my life XD

Heretic April 21st 2011 11:38 PM

It changed so much as I was growing up. Here are just a few.

Farmer
Author
Journalist
Filmmaker
Truck driver
Lawyer
Politician (senate)
Mayor
City planner
Automobile designer
Auto mechanic

Sythan May 10th 2011 11:21 PM

I always wanted to be and still want to be a Police Officer. Of course I'm tied in a lot of career choices.

colie18 June 6th 2011 11:41 PM

You know I could tell you what I want to do as a profession but that would take FOREVER to type...so I am just going to say this: I want to be happy when I am older. I just want to be happy!

SamMarie June 8th 2011 12:13 PM

I wanted to be a teacher for a long time when I was a child. As I grew older, I started getting bored with school. When it was my Sophomore year (10th grade), I decided to become more interested in health/medical things and decided I wanted to be a nurse. =)