TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What did you want to be/do when you grew up? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t37023-what-did-you-want-do-when-you-grew-up/)

~babydoll~ September 11th 2010 02:59 PM

Re: What did you want to be/do when you grew up?

I want to be a Pediatric Nurse. I want to help little children and babies :)

SuperSaiyan September 16th 2010 09:52 PM

When I was 5 I wanted to be the president.

luvflamingos September 19th 2010 01:35 AM

I have always wanted to fly. My heroine was Amelia Earhart. As a child, looking to the sky and wanting to fly was my escape. I will get my wings someday. I know I will.

BrookeTHaddict October 19th 2010 10:28 AM

i didnt have any dreams of what i wanted to be in life untill i was 12 but i wanted to be a hairdresser a parliumtarian an army reserve a recptionist a foster care..

my now life goals are to do bar work to get me to england do truck driving to buy my own home and to be a foster carer and mother at the max age of 30

Skeleton October 19th 2010 11:11 AM

A lot of things such as a hairdresser, a graphic designer, a web designer. Now I just want to be a journalist and I'm sure about it. Doubt I'll get it though.

MisplacedDreamer October 20th 2010 01:13 AM

I wanted to be an airline pilot, a surgeon, and a firefighter.

Lorelei December 2nd 2010 09:20 PM

In chronological order: an author, a librarian, an actress, a child/family therapist, a neuroscientist, a school counselor, a journalist, a publisher, a teacher, a professor, a business developer, and a real estate investor.

I keep coming back to neuroscience as a profession, so that's what I'm pursuing right now. But it's been known to change weekly. XD

Alrex December 17th 2010 02:52 PM

What do you want to be when you grow up?

The reason I ask is I am at the point in my life where I am terrified I am going to become nothing.

I am three years out of highschool, and have no clue what I want to focus in on for post secondary or what I want to be.

I'm thinking if you guys post what you want to be and why, I might be like "Hey, that sounds like something I want to do!"

noise94 December 17th 2010 02:54 PM

Re: What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to go into editing and publishing. :)

cptdean December 17th 2010 03:22 PM

I am in the same position as you are, but I did a bit of further education but that didnt really help much. So I have been temping for a year and a half now and its very dull. I finish this job at the end of the month and I am going to make sure I find what I want to do as I cannot make a decision (worrying too much about commiting to anything and realising its not what I want). All the jobs I see my family or friends at seem to lack some real kind of substance so I cant see myself in something like that for anymore than a year.

If I had to pick something that I want to do it then it would be a chef as it would be something I enjoy and has good job progression. I really should try get some experience in that field so I can atleast decide if that is where I want to be.

Unknown10 December 17th 2010 04:32 PM

I would like to help people, and become a Paramedic.

Think of what you're interested in, and use that to help you in your studies etc. I have changed what I would like to do quite a lot within the past 4 years. :)

If you believe, you will become what you want to become.

Jesus Christ. December 17th 2010 05:04 PM

I would like to take over the world :)

Ellie December 17th 2010 05:10 PM

I'd like to either be a counsellor or a youth worker. I'd love to work with older teenagers and young adults mainly because I don't think there are that many services dedicated to them and I think it's an age where many people feel lost and perhaps abandoned from services that used to be available when they were younger.

Gingerbread Latte December 17th 2010 05:48 PM

I want to do something in the health sector like a biomedical scientist :)

Fictional December 17th 2010 05:55 PM

I'd like to be a journalist, either writing travel guide-books, or working in Japan =)

GleeLover514 December 17th 2010 08:32 PM

An English teacher and author :)

MisplacedDreamer December 17th 2010 08:43 PM

A flight nurse.

How I am working towards it is that I am currently taking non-nursing general courses at my college right now. I am working on getting my fire certificates and EMT-B so I can get road experience at a fire station. Then I am going for my medic fall 2011. Then I am going to start my nursing clinicals in Fall 2012.

Prozac December 18th 2010 02:31 PM

I'm an artist.

her_beautiful_mistake December 18th 2010 02:34 PM

Doctor, although it's early days so I can't tell you which one (drawn towards surgery though). I'm at medical school now.

MadPoet December 18th 2010 02:36 PM

A writer. :)

esfdhtfy December 18th 2010 03:53 PM

I'm really not sure...I have a few ideas. I'm studying Neuroscience and Philosophy. I am considering law, medicine, or graduate school.

palmtoptiger December 18th 2010 04:57 PM

a neuro surgeon XD

losing touch. December 19th 2010 02:29 AM

few options.

drama teacher/criminologist/journalist

Tara. December 19th 2010 03:24 AM

A mother. :)

When I was younger I wanted to be a teacher, I'm a preschool teacher now.

OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! December 19th 2010 08:36 AM

Neuroscience, neuropsychology, psychology or something in criminology, possibly involving the first two. I've had a keen interest in the nervous system since grade 10-11 because it was the thing that controlled everything else. In grade 11-12 and first year university I became an avid fan of Criminal Minds, so I wanted to do a course in psychology, which I did in the summer, loved it and got an A+. From there, I realized neuro involves biology and psychology. In third year university, I had to fulfill the university's requirements of 1.0 credits in social sciences, so I took a half (0.5 credit) course in first-year sociology. I got such a high mark I was invited to help mentor other students. I took another sociology course, which was a criminology course in the summer, loved it. I also took third-year forensic psychology where we had FBI profilers and such give lectures, show case photos and show how they determined information then let us do the same. So that led me to criminology but still loved neuroscience.

I did a paper for a third criminology course in biocriminology and positive eugenics, which really made me realize neuroscience, pharmacology and criminology are very intertwined.

We had a course involving a professor who works with neurosurgeons during the surgery, before and after, mainly for children so we learned how brain damage in children differs in adults, how to figure out which areas are damaged, etc... .

newbie552 December 19th 2010 03:52 PM

either a nuerologist, a general doctor, author, pathologist, or wildlife biologist.

Pelios December 19th 2010 06:22 PM

Engineer.
I'm currently in the Industrial Engineering field and I like it but I have till next year to decide if I was the industrial field or another but I think I'll stay there.

Elizabeth December 19th 2010 11:08 PM

I want to be a teacher, hopefully in math. I like it and teaching is something that you can't really outsource.

Doodle. December 19th 2010 11:40 PM

Honestly, no idea :/ Either something to do with Psychology or drama.

Melody Pond December 20th 2010 02:22 PM

Diagnostic Radiographer :)

Thurineth December 20th 2010 03:22 PM

Studying genetics at the moment and not enjoying the molecular side. Would love to be a genetic counsellor though :)

Brandon December 21st 2010 01:09 AM

Prostitute.

inFAMOUS December 21st 2010 02:19 AM

crisis negotiator for the S.W.A.T team

TheWhiteTornado December 21st 2010 02:21 AM

I kinda have two thoughts at the moment, one being the realistic one and one being the dream job. The realistic one would have to be a psychiatrist as I feel like my life would be pointless if it wasn't to help others. The dream one would have to be a horror movie director as I love the psychology of it all and I hate the fact that people have perverted the concept of horror movies into blood and gore and jump scares.

NeverFeltThisWay1991 December 21st 2010 05:59 AM

Well I just finished my first semester of my second year. I have changed my majors 3 times already, going from biology to biochem. to biology and education.... But with recent interests, I have decided that I may be switching gears completely.

I have become very fond of learning disabilities and am able to see myself working with children with autism and stuff like that.. So that is my ultimate goal, to be a teacher who can work well with children with disabilities...

TryingToLoveMyself December 21st 2010 07:43 AM

Pediatric sports medicine doctor. That way I'm helping people get back to what they love. :)

~Mr. Self Destruct~ December 21st 2010 02:02 PM

A lawyer or psychiatrist. A husband. A father. Alive.

TheNumber42 December 21st 2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.14159265358979323846264 (Post 541331)
I would like to take over the world :)

Dang, the evil genius sector will be crowded if there's already two of us just on this site :P

More seriously though, I am going to study to be a Software Engineer, and hopefully use that knowledge to become a software developer/programmer of some sort.

Loving Linux Penguin December 21st 2010 04:39 PM

I want to create a non-profit that helps struggling teens :)

Quirinus December 21st 2010 05:42 PM

A dinosaur..

No.. actually i want to be one of those people who read peoples facial expressions and body language.. im not sure what they are >_<

Or i want to build computers.. I like electronical stuffs.