TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   What did you want to be/do when you grew up? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t37023-what-did-you-want-do-when-you-grew-up/)

Blazer February 20th 2010 07:55 AM

Re: What did you want to be/do when you grew up?

Am I the first one to notice something wrong with the title?
What did you want to be/do when you grew up? :haha:

Anyway, back on topic.
I had wanted to be a vet when I was a little and that dream lasted long, but ended with a, "Really?" After watching to much ID I thought I wanted to be a detective even though I don't have a lot of good deductive skill a lot of times though I was surprised when I found out I didn't want to be that.

Voldemort February 20th 2010 12:02 PM

It went from vet to primary school teacher to nurse to forensic scientist to vet to primary school teacher and now I'm back to forensic scientist. *)

I wanted to be a vet for a very long time. I would still love to work with animals, but forensic science if just wayy to interesting. :dem:

girl_pants February 20th 2010 12:21 PM

I always wanted to be a nurse.
But now I wanna be smarter and be a person who finds out what happened to the dead people. Whether they were murdered or not

MadPoet February 20th 2010 08:09 PM

First I wanted to be a nurse, then I wanted to be a psychologist, and then I wanted to be a cop. xD

Now I want to be either a writer or a doctor.

*~Circus Clown~* February 20th 2010 08:23 PM

always wanted to be a teacher...going to college for teaching <3

Gingerbread Latte February 20th 2010 08:25 PM

I wanted to be loads of things, I always changed my mind.

Doctor, Vet, Popstar, Actress, Astronaut, Lawyer. Haha I'm sure there are more.

I now want to be a toxicologist or a pharmacologist or if both of those fail a zoologist

Anonymity February 21st 2010 02:45 AM

For most of my childhood, I wanted to be an English teacher and an author. This fall, I'll be starting college. I plan to major in English/education and minor in writing. :)

Allygirl08 February 21st 2010 02:57 AM

:D When I was a little girl i wanted to be a singer or an actor, but i soon found out that I was terrified to be on stage. Now i want to be a 1st thru 3rd grade teacher!:D

Spellbound February 21st 2010 04:30 AM

Ever since I was younger, I wanted to pursue music, like be a famous singer or be in a Broadway musical. Sometimes nowadays, I wish I could just drop out of school, move to Nashville and become a country singer....I've been singing since I was young and I really love it, and I've been told I have talent! I don't think being famous would exactly work out that well for me, it's not all that realistic, so I'll probably go into the medical field, I'd love to be a nurse, specializing in labor or delivery.

Ranbaz February 22nd 2010 01:54 AM

A fireman, a magician, or a marine biologist! Not anymore though.

Ox In A Box February 22nd 2010 02:42 AM

When I was 5 or 6 I wanted to be a farmer. :D
When I was 9 or 10 I wanted to be a basketball player. :nosweat:
In middle school I wanted to be a veterinarian. :)
In high school I wanted to be a doctor. *)
In early college I wanted to be a pharmacist. :?
Then I finally settled on being a doctor and I doctor I am becoming! :thumbsup:

Bibliophile February 22nd 2010 08:46 AM

I always wanted to be a teacher or a nurse. :) Now I'm looking into teaching special needs children or being a lawyer, or perhaps an English teacher?

Briana February 22nd 2010 08:01 PM

I wanted to be a doctor or a cop.

Now it is a Physical therapist.

smurf90210 February 24th 2010 04:10 AM

Since I was a little kid I wanted to be a musician and I still do!! :)

Batman. February 24th 2010 04:37 AM

Well for the longest time, I wanted to be a teacher. Until I got into grade 9 and took welding, then I decided I wanted to be a welder. I've graduated college for such and it's getting me nowhere. So now, I'm debating on going back to school to become a Youth Worker, specializing in Troubled Teens. Either that, or helping out with Special Needs Students. But I don't think I'll be able to do it. :(

Nixie February 24th 2010 06:35 PM

I wanted to be popstar. Then a popstar/actress. Then a cosmetologist.

TheLittleNinja February 24th 2010 06:44 PM

I wanted to be a "Trolly Dolly" for yonks :P

Perplexity February 24th 2010 10:57 PM

I've always wanted to be a singer since I was a kid. Now I've decided I want to be a singer or a modern languages teacher. :)

don'tstopbelievin February 25th 2010 02:12 AM

When I was younger I wanted to be an author, then a journalist, a singer and an actress, then I wanted to be a lawyer and that's what I'm studying atm.

Katrina Iyer February 25th 2010 09:14 AM

I want to become a supermodel. If not my life is not worth living.

WhisperingSilence February 25th 2010 06:00 PM

when i was a kid i always told my mum i wanted to be a rubbish man ( the people who collect the trash/rubbish) or a sewage worker ( someone who pumps out the sewage and stuff) at the time i was only about 4 years old at the time. then as i grew up i wanted to be a singer, then i deicded i would like to be a paranormal investigator, i also wanted to work with children and i now work in a pre-school.

cortneyrmason February 25th 2010 06:52 PM

when i was at age of: 6-civil engineer; 10-architech; 18-computer engineer; 21-programmer and now-system administrator.

Victoria ♥ March 4th 2010 08:32 PM

I used to want to be a doctor or a teacher. now i want to be a pediatrician though. its kind of inbetween i guess lol.

forfrosne March 4th 2010 10:10 PM

Either:

Photographer
Graphics designer
Writer
Coder/work at a company like facebook/digg
Psychologist - i"m good at it, but i probably wouldnt be able to get the grades.

vval365 March 5th 2010 05:49 PM

Well, when i was like 8 or 9 i wanted to be a teacher...but my true passion is acting and i would love to be a movie star

*Jen* March 5th 2010 09:30 PM

I did use to want to be a vet or a riding school instructor

Nestle123 March 6th 2010 01:53 AM

i wanted to be a horse breeder and major in Equestrian Management, but situations changed and now im getting into the Diagnostic medical sonography program to be an ultra sound techie :D and possibly become a gynecologist for women... haha a totally different career choice, but checking out peoples babies after a while could get boring so i may do that after to keep me interested in work

Nymous March 6th 2010 03:26 PM

I think I already mentioned that I wanted to be a cop. I will tell something more. I thought it would be wonderful to be a cop and to put the bad criminals in prison. I even thought about it until 14/15 years old. At 15/16 years old I knew someone who had been innocent while being arrested and hitted very hard by a policeman, during a manifestation. At that moment I said: 'No. I don't want to do that.' It's quit cynical, because a lot of people know me like 'the little girl that wanted to be a cop', while now I nearly dislike them.

MermaidMassacre March 12th 2010 02:05 PM

Animal stuff.
Vet, Marine biologist, Zoologist, Zoo keeper, and Marine mammel trainer, along with racehorse trainer.

Now im going into the art field.
Sorry animals. =/

lostandalone March 17th 2010 02:51 PM

Well when I was 4 I wanted to be a horse trainer. Now I'm interested in becoming a Paramedic. maybe in the military ...idk

Anomaly March 31st 2010 12:10 PM

I've always dreamnt of being a missionary. That would just be to awsome.

Storyteller. April 1st 2010 07:55 AM

I've gone from wanting to be a zookeeper to a vet to a pet shop keeper.

Now I want to be a psychologist, I think, but if anyone asks me I say I want to be a cryptozoologist, just to watch their reactions.

:hehe:

Gingerbread Latte April 1st 2010 11:16 AM

If I ever earn enough money I want to open my own wildlife park ^^

Arie. April 2nd 2010 03:51 AM

I wanted to do a lot of things to be honest, especially since I was the age of 10. I wouldn't stop talking about wanting to a doctor,lawyer,teacher,dancer,etc.I had certain aspirations that came to mind. I'm still trying to figure what I want in life. I don't know 100 percent of what I want be/do. But I'm definitely leaning towards to working with people,possible do some missionary work,especially in Africa. And I'm always up for something new. :]

Pour the Teapot April 3rd 2010 02:49 PM

i want to be a zoologist and study in Africa but i think eventually i'll end up working in a zoo.

Prozac April 3rd 2010 02:54 PM

I used to want to be loads of different things, it changed every week. :p
I am going to be an artist. :)

Stardaze April 3rd 2010 03:34 PM

I used to want to be a Veterinarian.
Now it's a Registered Nurse. [:

Lu82 April 6th 2010 02:27 AM

I wanted to be everything! when i was about 9 yrs old i wanted to be a figure skater then when i was about 12 i changed my mind and wanted to be a singer instead, then when i was 15 i wanted to be an actress.Yep, i wanted to be a lot of things when i was younger.:D

DeletedAccount64 April 6th 2010 01:18 PM

A princess

lost_soul April 10th 2010 07:26 AM

I wanted to be a vet, then I wanted to be a zoologist, then I wanted to be a teacher, then a journalist, and now, I want to be a psychologist :)