TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Technology, Gamers and Gadgets (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/)
-   -   PS4 for smart tv? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f24-technology-gamers-gadgets/t154790-ps4-smart-tv/)

Resilient February 2nd 2018 04:38 PM

PS4 for smart tv?

I'm thinking about selling my PS4 and getting a smart tv. I mean, I'm not using it for gaming, just mainly hulu and Netflix which to me feels like a waste. Would you do this? Or would you keep the PS4 if you were doing what I was doing with it?

King Of Iron Fist February 8th 2018 09:29 AM

Re: PS4 for smart tv?

if you really want to enjoy all show and want UHD resolution then go for a smart tv but remember you cant play games on smart tv without ps4. i suggest you to keep ps4 for future gaming.

obelus February 11th 2018 08:57 PM

Personally, if your current TV is decent, I'd keep the PS4 as you might get more into gaming in the future. If it's not decent, then selling the PS4 to get something new might be a good plan. Technically, the PS4 does turn it into a smart TV. Kind of. I guess it transfers the intelligence. :p

I tend to use electronics until I can't anymore. Whether they break or become too outdated to support new minimum requirements, (laptops needing more memory and better processors for games is one thing I can think of) I will keep using them. It's ultimately up to you, but I don't feel it's that much of a waste if you can use the PS4 to access the same features you could on a smart TV and then some because, as mentioned, there are things you can do now that you couldn't on a smart TV.

DeletedAccount69 February 12th 2018 03:23 PM

Hey there,

It depends on why you aren't using it, I suppose. My boyfriend recently sold all of his gaming consoles (PS4, X-box One and Wii U). The reason he did so was because he plays games on his computer and he hadn't touched the consoles in quite some time. He also said that a lot of the games he might end up wanting to play on the console can be utilized for PC (I know he did that for Destiny 2) and so he didn't feel a need to keep them. He has always preferred playing games on his computer and he has a computer that is built for gaming.

If you don't play on PC primarily or don't have the appropriate set up to do so it might be worth hanging on to if you might get to a point where you'd like to play something on it again.

If you don't think you'll get to a point where you'd like to play on the PS4 than it would probably make more sense investing in something you'd end up getting more use out of. :)

HowardWow2020 September 1st 2020 01:15 PM

I would buy Apple tv)