TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Technology, Gamers and Gadgets This forum is for discussions about your games, technology, the latest apps or cool gadgets

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23 Points: 27,349, Level: 23

PS4 for smart tv? - February 2nd 2018, 04:38 PM

I'm thinking about selling my PS4 and getting a smart tv. I mean, I'm not using it for gaming, just mainly hulu and Netflix which to me feels like a waste. Would you do this? Or would you keep the PS4 if you were doing what I was doing with it?

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer

(#2 (permalink)) Old
King of D Devil
Average Joe

Name: Wonderboy

Points: 17,073, Level: 19 Points: 17,073, Level: 19 Points: 17,073, Level: 19

Re: PS4 for smart tv? - February 8th 2018, 09:29 AM

if you really want to enjoy all show and want UHD resolution then go for a smart tv but remember you cant play games on smart tv without ps4. i suggest you to keep ps4 for future gaming.

the world
is just
awesome

(#3 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I've been here a while

Name: Oliver
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35

Re: PS4 for smart tv? - February 11th 2018, 08:57 PM

Personally, if your current TV is decent, I'd keep the PS4 as you might get more into gaming in the future. If it's not decent, then selling the PS4 to get something new might be a good plan. Technically, the PS4 does turn it into a smart TV. Kind of. I guess it transfers the intelligence.

I tend to use electronics until I can't anymore. Whether they break or become too outdated to support new minimum requirements, (laptops needing more memory and better processors for games is one thing I can think of) I will keep using them. It's ultimately up to you, but I don't feel it's that much of a waste if you can use the PS4 to access the same features you could on a smart TV and then some because, as mentioned, there are things you can do now that you couldn't on a smart TV.

“Peace is power”
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: PS4 for smart tv? - February 12th 2018, 03:23 PM

Hey there,

It depends on why you aren't using it, I suppose. My boyfriend recently sold all of his gaming consoles (PS4, X-box One and Wii U). The reason he did so was because he plays games on his computer and he hadn't touched the consoles in quite some time. He also said that a lot of the games he might end up wanting to play on the console can be utilized for PC (I know he did that for Destiny 2) and so he didn't feel a need to keep them. He has always preferred playing games on his computer and he has a computer that is built for gaming.

If you don't play on PC primarily or don't have the appropriate set up to do so it might be worth hanging on to if you might get to a point where you'd like to play something on it again.

If you don't think you'll get to a point where you'd like to play on the PS4 than it would probably make more sense investing in something you'd end up getting more use out of.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
HowardWow2020 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tery

Points: 1,194, Level: 5 Points: 1,194, Level: 5 Points: 1,194, Level: 5

Re: PS4 for smart tv? - September 1st 2020, 01:15 PM

I would buy Apple tv)
Closed Thread