TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Why Me? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/)
-   -   Triggering: Overwhelmed. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f31-why-me/t163259-overwhelmed/)

Dawn. September 28th 2022 10:01 AM

Overwhelmed.

Because of my crazy work schedule, my anxiety has skyrocketed. I work Monday - Friday, tutor after my full time job and I bartend on Sundays. I also am studying my teaching degree and planning my wedding. I'm an anxiety and stress riddled wreck. I've taken on more than I bargained for and I don't know how to stop or simply say no. I wish I could reduce my hours but I have bills to pay and a wedding to save up for. I'm struggling big time.

Arabesque- golfing girl. September 28th 2022 10:25 AM

Re: Overwhelmed.

Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. You are working so much and trying to have enough for your wedding and that is a lot that you are doing everyday. Would you maybe be able to sit down with the person who you are in a relationship with and let them know how you have been feeling with all of this and how it is upsetting you? Maybe they will be able to help you so that you do not have to work so much. Are you also able to try talking with your family or friends about this too and see if they can also help you out with this. See if someone else can help with the wedding so it's not just on the two of you. I hope that everything calms down soon for you and I wish you the best with your wedding. I hope when the time comes you have a wonderful time. :hug:

Dawn. October 1st 2022 05:23 AM

Re: Overwhelmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfing girl (Post 1381622)
Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. You are working so much and trying to have enough for your wedding and that is a lot that you are doing everyday. Would you maybe be able to sit down with the person who you are in a relationship with and let them know how you have been feeling with all of this and how it is upsetting you? Maybe they will be able to help you so that you do not have to work so much. Are you also able to try talking with your family or friends about this too and see if they can also help you out with this. See if someone else can help with the wedding so it's not just on the two of you. I hope that everything calms down soon for you and I wish you the best with your wedding. I hope when the time comes you have a wonderful time. :hug:

Thank you so much for your reply. :hug:
I could talk to my partner about how I feel. My partners parents as well as my own are helping with the finances of our wedding but we still have to pay for some of it such as for the flowers, decorations, the cars, wedding dress, bride maids dresses, makeup, hair, the grooms' suits, groom men's suits and shoes as well as for the honeymoon. It's a lot.
Thank you. :)