TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Overwhelmed. - September 28th 2022, 10:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Because of my crazy work schedule, my anxiety has skyrocketed. I work Monday - Friday, tutor after my full time job and I bartend on Sundays. I also am studying my teaching degree and planning my wedding. I'm an anxiety and stress riddled wreck. I've taken on more than I bargained for and I don't know how to stop or simply say no. I wish I could reduce my hours but I have bills to pay and a wedding to save up for. I'm struggling big time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,401, Level: 46 Points: 107,401, Level: 46 Points: 107,401, Level: 46

Re: Overwhelmed. - September 28th 2022, 10:25 AM

Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. You are working so much and trying to have enough for your wedding and that is a lot that you are doing everyday. Would you maybe be able to sit down with the person who you are in a relationship with and let them know how you have been feeling with all of this and how it is upsetting you? Maybe they will be able to help you so that you do not have to work so much. Are you also able to try talking with your family or friends about this too and see if they can also help you out with this. See if someone else can help with the wedding so it's not just on the two of you. I hope that everything calms down soon for you and I wish you the best with your wedding. I hope when the time comes you have a wonderful time.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Online
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Re: Overwhelmed. - October 1st 2022, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. You are working so much and trying to have enough for your wedding and that is a lot that you are doing everyday. Would you maybe be able to sit down with the person who you are in a relationship with and let them know how you have been feeling with all of this and how it is upsetting you? Maybe they will be able to help you so that you do not have to work so much. Are you also able to try talking with your family or friends about this too and see if they can also help you out with this. See if someone else can help with the wedding so it's not just on the two of you. I hope that everything calms down soon for you and I wish you the best with your wedding. I hope when the time comes you have a wonderful time.
Thank you so much for your reply.
I could talk to my partner about how I feel. My partners parents as well as my own are helping with the finances of our wedding but we still have to pay for some of it such as for the flowers, decorations, the cars, wedding dress, bride maids dresses, makeup, hair, the grooms' suits, groom men's suits and shoes as well as for the honeymoon. It's a lot.
Thank you.

Closed Thread