TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Current Events and Debates (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/)
-   -   Trump impeachment (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/t159400-trump-impeachment/)

DeletedAccount53 February 16th 2021 10:14 AM

Re: Trump impeachment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1362707)
I've heard he wants to run again for president.

I doubt it. Trump will be even more of a grumpy old codger by then, close to 78 and unwilling to give up his beloved golf. I reckon it'll be one of his sons, likely the most aggressive mouthy type.

Perhaps by then, Joe Biden will have restored democracy enough to have Kamala run for a successful presidency. Kamala Harris has had an almost meteoric rise and we can see her going for the next presidency.

I know little of American politics, so let's just wait and see. :)

Dawn. February 17th 2021 06:12 AM

I hope Michelle Obama ran for president.

Blackwing February 17th 2021 10:49 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1362766)

Michele should have been Democrats 2020 choice lol

Rivière February 18th 2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1362766)

The Obamas were definitely my favourite. Michelle seems very straight forward and personable. Barack had a lot of style and was such a great speaker. Some of his jokes and quips always cracked me up. Especially his poor turkey pardoning jokes. :hehe:

Having Barack as president, and Kamala as the new vice president, it gives me a lot of hope for a more diverse leadership in the future.

Dawn. February 20th 2021 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivière (Post 1362825)

Having Barack as president, and Kamala as the new vice president, it gives me a lot of hope for a more diverse leadership in the future.

It gives me hope too.

DeletedAccount53 February 24th 2021 07:31 AM

Barack Obama is busy doing TV interviews for his book, so I doubt he'll ever run for the presidency again. We've a strong hunch that Kamala Harris is likely to in 2024. Her rise has been meteoric!

MWF February 25th 2021 06:59 AM

Barack Obama can't run again. You're only allowed to serve 10 years total as president and for two of those years, it has to be a situation where the current president dies/resigns and hands it over to the VP; the VP (then president) would have to win re-election twice.
Term limits were put in place because FDR won 4 times. The Republicans realized that they'd basically never win the presidency again if they went up against somebody who opposed the wealthy.

Blackwing February 25th 2021 11:56 AM

:hehe:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pork Chops (Post 1363078)
Barack Obama is busy doing TV interviews for his book, so I doubt he'll ever run for the presidency again. We've a strong hunch that Kamala Harris is likely to in 2024. Her rise has been meteoric!

FDR is the last president who served 3 or more terms