TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Current Events and Debates (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/)
-   -   Trump impeachment (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/t159400-trump-impeachment/)

Blackwing November 1st 2019 10:48 PM

Trump impeachment

How many are for and against it?

MWF November 2nd 2019 04:04 AM

Re: Trump impeachment

It's clear as day that he did it. He released the transcript where he asked if Ukraine could "do him a favor". He didn't even need like 7 people to come forward and corroborate that story.
If the Democratic leadership wasn't so weak, they could've had him for the genocide in Yemen as well. The Saudis overpaid him to stay at his hotels and he gives them a giant weapons deal. Emoluments and war crimes, right there.

Ennui. November 5th 2019 12:44 AM

I support impeachment but it’s a long process anyway since even if he’s impeached, if the Senate doesn’t agree it means nothing and he stays in office.

DeletedAccount69 November 5th 2019 03:25 AM

I support impeachment but I doubt much will happen. Trumps gotten away with quite a bit and I feel like this will be another thing. I don't have much faith in the process or our representatives

Dawn. November 6th 2019 06:30 AM

I don't live in the US but I support impeachment but I don't think it'll happen any time soon to be honest.

Celyn November 7th 2019 03:47 PM

Same as the above. I don't live in the US but think Trump should be impeached though I doubt it will happen.

Blackwing November 9th 2019 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. (Post 1345695)
I support impeachment but I doubt much will happen. Trumps gotten away with quite a bit and I feel like this will be another thing. I don't have much faith in the process or our representatives

I have to agree with you on that

DeletedAccount59 November 10th 2019 11:15 PM

I support impeachment; but I don't think it will happen, unfortunately.

Blackwing December 3rd 2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1345878)
I support impeachment; but I don't think it will happen, unfortunately.

Not with a Senate majority of Republicans sadly

DeletedAccount59 December 6th 2019 02:52 PM

I don't understand how people could vote "I don't care, I'm not into politics" :nosweat:

For those of you that did vote this, can you please elaborate further. Even if you live in England or Australia, what Trump is doing (and the impeachment process) does... believe it or not... impact your country and America's relationship with them. :)

For reference, just look at the conversation that took place between the Prime Ministers of Canada, France, and the Netherlands. Some of what they said about Trump... mind you, they probably don't think that about all Americans.

But still, context for point.

Jordioa18 December 9th 2019 09:18 AM

The impeachment ain't happening, I'll be flabbergasted if it goes through

Effy2018 December 13th 2019 08:19 AM

I don't live in the US but I do support impeachment but I doubt it will happen.

Blackwing December 17th 2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1347086)
I don't understand how people could vote "I don't care, I'm not into politics" :nosweat:

For those of you that did vote this, can you please elaborate further. Even if you live in England or Australia, what Trump is doing (and the impeachment process) does... believe it or not... impact your country and America's relationship with them. :)

For reference, just look at the conversation that took place between the Prime Ministers of Canada, France, and the Netherlands. Some of what they said about Trump... mind you, they probably don't think that about all Americans.

But still, context for point.

some people don't care about politics

DeletedAccount59 December 18th 2019 09:08 PM

That's pretty sad. But whatever, to each their own. As they don't complain about the state of their respective country.

Dawn. December 28th 2019 12:51 AM

What are everyone's thoughts about the current situation now?

Blackwing December 29th 2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disclosure. (Post 1347812)
What are everyone's thoughts about the current situation now?

let the Senate decide to actually impeach

DeletedAccount59 December 29th 2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwing (Post 1347871)
let the Senate decide to actually impeach

Cheerioes. But we know that won't happen. :glare:

WhisperingSilence January 9th 2020 10:41 PM

He should be impeached as what he did is basically cold calculated murder... he should be impeached and arrested . I live in England but this has been major news here in the U.K. to I do not think he should be allowed to continue as president and should be treated like any other citizen who has committed such a crime

Ennui. January 10th 2020 01:18 AM

Technically he was already impeached, Impeachment is just the first step. Other presidents such as Bill Clinton have also been impacted but have remained in office because the Senate did not vote to remove them from office. That being said, impeachment means nothing unless the Senate also votes to remove him from office and would just kind of be a meaningless thing.

Blackwing February 5th 2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypothesis. (Post 1348343)
Technically he was already impeached, Impeachment is just the first step. Other presidents such as Bill Clinton have also been impacted but have remained in office because the Senate did not vote to remove them from office. That being said, impeachment means nothing unless the Senate also votes to remove him from office and would just kind of be a meaningless thing.

Doesn't look like it will happen.

DeletedAccount59 February 5th 2020 04:20 PM

Nope and the mess at the Iowa Caucuses makes him look even better.

:rolleyes:

Blackwing February 6th 2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendipity. (Post 1349447)
Nope and the mess at the Iowa Caucuses makes him look even better.

:rolleyes:

Sad but true 2020 is already a bad year for the world.

DeletedAccount59 February 6th 2020 06:48 PM

Uh-huh, we went into the year with the fires being made worst with fireworks in Australia. :nosweat:

What do you think of the State of the Union speech? Nancy Pelosi ripping up the papers?

Dawn. February 7th 2020 08:50 AM

What are everyone's thoughts on the current situation now?

Blackwing February 21st 2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omen. (Post 1349490)
What are everyone's thoughts on the current situation now?

Focus on important issues that have been ignored like gun violence and other issues

Blackwing February 11th 2021 03:52 PM

So instead of making another topic
Does anyone else think this 2nd impeachment is a waste of time like before.. I feel we should be working on other important things to help the american people who are hurting from covid like indoor restaurants

DeletedAccount69 February 11th 2021 09:27 PM

It's not a waste of time. Trump incited an insurrection and five people died. Look what happened with Bemghazi and the multiple (what was it 11?) investigations that were done. Trump should be held accountable for what he did. Will he? Probably not since the GOP continues to be complicit.

DeletedAccount59 February 11th 2021 10:29 PM

Even if Trump is not successfully deprived of lifelong presidential immunity — because that's pretty much what's at stake now — this is still worth pursuing... because it's sending a message to other countries around the globe and to other belligerents that we will not tolerate the actions made by Trump and the ones he egged on.

MWF February 12th 2021 04:04 AM

Lol when you have to reopen the old impeachment thread for a sequel

I think he should be impeached, but at the same time, this isn't gonna work. You need 67 votes to impeach, and 17 Republicans aren't gonna switch sides on this. They're afraid for their lives, and honestly, why wouldn't they be? Maybe 6 will flip if we're lucky.
I dont think its necessarily a waste of time if it fails- its a good opportunity to combat the right wing propaganda machine. But is Trump gonna be convicted? I got 20 bucks and an 80% reduced Gamestop stock that says this impeachment will fail.
I think Congress should be using the 14th Amendment to stop him from running for office again. You only need 60 votes for that, and with how bad Trump's defense lawyer is, maybe that could actually happen.

DeletedAccount59 February 12th 2021 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWF (Post 1362497)
I think Congress should be using the 14th Amendment to stop him from running for office again. You only need 60 votes for that, and with how bad Trump's defense lawyer is, maybe that could actually happen.

Hey, if that's an actual possibility, then I'm totally rooting for it.

Dawn. February 13th 2021 01:15 AM

Any updates on this?

DeletedAccount53 February 13th 2021 01:57 PM

BBC NEWS: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world gives factual, uncoloured information as it happens in real lime, and people will get up-to-the-minute reports on the Trump impeachment.

Blackwing February 13th 2021 09:34 PM

Sounds like it failed again I'll have to double check

Dawn. February 14th 2021 07:27 AM

Lol I'm not sure what to believe anymore especially when it comes to the media.

DeletedAccount59 February 14th 2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwing (Post 1362596)
Sounds like it failed again I'll have to double check

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. :? :rolleyes:

DeletedAccount53 February 15th 2021 08:58 PM

I hope that in years to come that Americans will remember to take another look at vitally important things as the health status of presidential candidates, because Donald Trump's cognitive powers have been seen to have been lacking throughout his presidency. His business dealings will be remembered because he loved doing deals; the bigger, the better. But that American president possessed what Julie and recognise as classic signs of narcissism, and we had a nasty mother who proved that.

Very few ever talk to remember a past president, only Trump will never be forgiven for stirring up a mob of insurrectionists to storm the Capitol during which I five people, maybe more, lost their lives. I doubt historians will be kind towards this terrible man who through Twitter's social media platform, encouraged the rise in violent right-wing extremism during his tenure in office.

Crosby, Stills & Nash wrote Teach Your Children Well. Their lyrics are as meaningful today as they always will be, especially when parents remember what Donald Trump did to so many.

Blackwing February 15th 2021 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melancholia. (Post 1362631)

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. :? :rolleyes:

This will only hurt them in the long run lol
Republicans will lose more seats in the next election

DeletedAccount59 February 15th 2021 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackwing (Post 1362696)
This will only hurt them in the long run lol
Republicans will lose more seats in the next election

Fine by me! :nosweat:

DeletedAccount53 February 16th 2021 01:06 AM

Given a couple of decades or so, and the memory of Donald Duck will be misted away.

Dawn. February 16th 2021 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pork Chops (Post 1362703)
Given a couple of decades or so, and the memory of Donald Duck will be misted away.

I've heard he wants to run again for president.