TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Arrivals and Departures (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-arrivals-departures/)
-   -   Hi There (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f4-arrivals-departures/t163495-hi-there/)

DarkSwan December 14th 2022 08:48 AM

Hi There

Hi everyone

My name is Louise, or Lu for short. I am 36, and have 4 children, aged 11, 9, 5 and 3.

A year ago I split with my then husband, and realised I was in love with my best friend, who I have now been with since March.

I have my own business making reusable products and clothing. During the lockdown I was a target for online bullying, and it messed my head up so much that I considered taking my own life. And this wasn't the first time. I tried when I was 15, after years of mental and sexual abuse.

I struggle with depression at times, and have extremely low self esteem and self worth. I question everything, and always feel like I'm annoying everyone.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to put my listening skills to use, and train as a counsellor. I passed the first stage of level 2 in May, and am looking forward to the next stage.

I have a lot of experience with children, abuse and mental health issues, so feel I'd be able to help others in this way.

I look forward to talking with you more.

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 14th 2022 09:07 AM

Re: Hi There

Hello Louise and welcome to Teenhelp! It's lovely that you have joined us. :) Thank you for telling us about yourself, it's lovely that you know who you want to be with and how you know a lot about these areas. :) You are welcome to help out on the forums if you would like to and you can make your own posts as well if you need help with anything. :) I hope you are doing well.

Silvan December 14th 2022 09:40 AM

Hi Lu, welcome to TeenHelp. I'm Sue, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for telling us about yourself. I hope you enjoy your time here. Take care xxx

DeletedAccount81 December 14th 2022 10:54 AM

Hi Louise, welcome to TeenHelp! I think it's great that you've decided to join and are interested in helping out others. Definitely feel free to post wherever you might find yourself to be useful. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate in reaching out.

I hope to see you around, take care! :)

DarkSwan December 14th 2022 01:47 PM

Thank you for the lovely messages. I have a few concerns, so definitely will be posting

Ennui. December 14th 2022 07:22 PM

Hey Louise!

It sounds like you're a really well-rounded person with a lot of experience! I am hoping you are able to both give and get help here, and that you enjoy your time.

Everglow. December 14th 2022 07:23 PM

Hey Lu :) Welcome to TeenHelp. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Courtneyyy December 15th 2022 07:57 AM

Welcome! Lovely to meet you, hoping to see you around.

Dawn. December 15th 2022 08:31 AM

Hi Lou and welcome to Teenhelp! :)

If you ever need any help, feel free to message me.

Celyn January 18th 2023 09:04 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp, Louise!

It sounds like you've been through a lot and it's lovely to hear how you want to use your experience to help others. Don't forget we are here for you too! :)