TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Expression (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/)
-   -   Triggering: Saving Molly. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/t135292-saving-molly/)

WhisperingSilence December 29th 2014 10:26 PM

Saving Molly.

Yazmin's phone vibrated, picking up her phone to check , three text messages all from Molly. 'Ring now need help' . 'Ring please ring' . 'Please'. One text after the other. 'Help please help'. Another text.
Picking up her phone scrolling through her contacts she selected Molly and pressed call. The wait for Molly to answer her phone was painfully long.
When Molly did answer the conversation went something like this:
Yaz : 'Hello you alright' .
Molly :'Can you meet me? Need help'
Yaz: 'Whats happened you okay'
Molly : 'cant say meet me'
Yaz : ' okay town at 12 meet you at our normal place'.

It was not the first time something like this had happened this was Molly's usual trick. Yaz new it could be sorted out, this sort of thing usually is. Molly had been having trouble with Tom her boyfriend for some time now. Most people knew this but something didn't feel right, there was something about the way Molly was talking - she was talking quietly not something she usually did.
Molly was late. Usual there then. When she did show up she seemed down and not her usual self. Noticing this she suggested they go to their favourite milkshake bar for a chat and a milkshake. 'You can have your usual oreo sherbert Mol' . This bought a smallish smile to her face but not enough of a smile for her to know the old Molly was back. But usually a oreo sherbert would make things a little bit better.

They sat in the milkshake bar in an awkward silence.. Molly fiddling with the straw in her cup and Yazmin sat watching. 'Come on Mol whats up'. Suddenly she burst out crying. 'Its all wrong, Tom's chucked me I think I'm pregnant with his kid' .
'oh Mol' 'you taken a test been clinic or anything'

Ennui. December 29th 2014 10:42 PM

Re: Saving Molly.

D: I hope you post more!

.:PrincessZelda:. December 30th 2014 08:30 PM

This is really good! :)

WhisperingSilence December 30th 2014 10:11 PM

Molly looked at her cup, fiddling with her straw a little bit more then sucked on the straw, licked her lips and shook her head. 'In that case we'll finish our drinks and get you a test from the pharmacy I'll go in if you don't want to ask' .
Molly blinking away the tears nodded her head whilst forcing a smile upon her face. Usually it was Molly doing all the talking now Yazmin. However today Yazmin seemed to be doing the talking and Molly just nodding or smiling or shaking her head and saying very little.

This was not the Molly Yazmin knew. She knew how to fix it , she'd seen Molly in a state before but its always a rare event. Usually it is Yazmin who needed Molly to help her. Not the other way. Not that Yazmin minded it was proving as a distraction from her own issues. However it was now Molly who seemed like she needed saving.

Chai. December 31st 2014 12:40 AM

This is interesting. Post more, please.

hocus pocus December 31st 2014 02:21 AM

I like what you have so far! Keep posting. :)

Kintsukuroi. January 1st 2015 01:37 AM

I like this and I would like to read more! ^.^

WhisperingSilence January 1st 2015 05:13 PM

Chapter 1 - Help.

Yazmin's phone vibrated, picking up her phone to check , three text messages all from Molly. 'Ring now need help' . 'Ring please ring' . 'Please'. One text after the other. 'Help please help'. Another text.
Picking up her phone scrolling through her contacts she selected Molly and pressed call. The wait for Molly to answer her phone was painfully long.
When Molly did answer the conversation went something like this:
Yaz : 'Hello you alright' .
Molly :'Can you meet me? Need help'
Yaz: 'Whats happened you okay'
Molly : 'cant say meet me'
Yaz : ' okay town at 12 meet you at our normal place'.

It was not the first time something like this had happened this was Molly's usual trick. Yaz new it could be sorted out, this sort of thing usually is. Molly had been having trouble with Tom her boyfriend for some time now. Most people knew this but something didn't feel right, there was something about the way Molly was talking - she was talking quietly not something she usually did.
Molly was late. Usual there then. When she did show up she seemed down and not her usual self. Noticing this she suggested they go to their favourite milkshake bar for a chat and a milkshake. 'You can have your usual oreo sherbert Mol' . This bought a smallish smile to her face but not enough of a smile for her to know the old Molly was back. But usually a oreo sherbert would make things a little bit better.

They sat in the milkshake bar in an awkward silence.. Molly fiddling with the straw in her cup and Yazmin sat watching. 'Come on Mol whats up'. Suddenly she burst out crying. 'Its all wrong, Tom's chucked me I think I'm pregnant with his kid' .
'oh Mol' 'you taken a test been clinic or anything'

Molly looked at her cup, fiddling with her straw a little bit more then sucked on the straw, licked her lips and shook her head. 'In that case we'll finish our drinks and get you a test from the pharmacy I'll go in if you don't want to ask' .

Molly blinking away the tears nodded her head whilst forcing a smile upon her face. Usually it was Molly doing all the talking now Yazmin. However today Yazmin seemed to be doing the talking and Molly just nodding or smiling or shaking her head and saying very little.

This was not the Molly Yazmin knew. She knew how to fix it , she'd seen Molly in a state before but its always a rare event. Usually it is Yazmin who needed Molly to help her. Not the other way. Not that Yazmin minded it was proving as a distraction from her own issues. However it was now Molly who seemed like she needed saving.

She was used to Molly's little things over a boy she liked or if she was coming across as to clingy and over eager. But now Molly had what was a more serious problem than just if she was being to overly clingy.
Mitchell , who's Molly's current boyfriend was clearly the baby's dad if Molly was pregnant there was no questioning that. Molly just isn't the type to do anything behind her boyfriends back in that sense.

On the way to pharmacy Molly suddenly stopped and put her hand against the wall to steady herself. 'I feel faint can we wait here a-bit Yaz?'
Molly looked really pale and looked like she could puke at any given moment.

Morning sickness maybe ? Dodgy milkshake ? Molly being nervous or just over tired ?

Molly did not faint or throw up thank god. They continued their walk to the pharmacy. Molly couldn't quite face going in herself so Yazmin went in and approached the counter. 'Can I have a er pregnancy test please' she asked the guy (who was actually really good looking) behind the counter. 'Digital or non digital he asked'.
Yaz blinked she had no idea there was more than one type. 'Which ever is cheaper' . The guy passed her a non digital one. 'Instructions are in the packet, that's £2.50 please' . She passed the money over and walked out.
Handing it to Molly they walked down the road back to the shopping center and to the toilets.

'You know what you gotta do Mol'.

WhisperingSilence January 4th 2015 09:36 PM

She walks into the cubicle and locks the door. The wait is long and seems to never end. She comes out of the cubicle smile on her face 'Negative'. and she flings the test into the bin.
I still want the details of how this even happened. But for now I don't want to ruin her happiness. I've got the old Molly back.

She grabs me arm and says 'Arcades Monty's FunBar' before I can protest and tell her I just want to go home and chill she's dragging me down the corridors and lanes of the shopping center to the arcades. 'MOLLY SLOW DOWN'.

Her sleeve slides up as I put my hand on her arm to slow her down exposing red marks and lines and black and blue bruises up her arm. 'Mol whats this'. She looks away and doesn't say anything. 'Molly whats this'
'Not now yaz let's just go' and she pulls her sleeve down.