TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: Period question. >.< (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t90499-period-question/)

Stargazed. December 13th 2011 02:27 AM

Period question. >.<

I never thought I'd be posting in this forum because I've always been too embarrassed about this topic but I have a legit question.

For the past two or so months, my periods have been only one day and very, very light. And I haven't even gotten it this month. My cycle has never been affected by stress and I'm not even that stressed out. In fact, I'm pretty calm. I took a pregnancy test the first time I got it for a day because I was scared it was implantation bleeding or something. :hehe: But it came out negative. I also have no signs of pregnancy so I know it can't be pregnancy.

So my question is, besides stress and pregnancy- since it's neither, what can cause periods to be so wacky like this? I mean I wouldn't care if it was like one month but for it to be two, almost three, months... it's really starting to worry me.

Any ideas, or should I just take myself to the doctor?

brokensmilexx December 13th 2011 02:37 AM

Re: Period question. >.<

I would say you should go talk to a doctor about it. There can be many things causing your period to go all out of wack. Are you taking any certain medications? Sometimes they can have an effect on our periods..
Other than that I'm not too sure though, the only way to really find out what is going on would be to see your doctor. Best of luck!
<33

DeletedAccount71 December 13th 2011 04:51 AM

Lots of factors influence changes in the body's hormone levels and the like other than stress. What's happening is probably nothing to be alarmed about, but I would call your Gyno just to be safe. It will give you peace of mind, at the very least, and s/he'll be able to detect if something is wrong.

Harmony♥ December 13th 2011 04:21 PM

It could be many things. If you've changed your diet, stress and of course, pregnancy. But, since you said the last two are out, I'd take yourself to the doctor just to confirm nothing is going on.

bookishnerd December 13th 2011 09:10 PM

I don't know how old you are hun, but sometimes changes in hormones can affect your period as well. Going to the doctor about it is definitely the best option.

alice28 December 13th 2011 10:55 PM

I would see a doctor but I know that changes in weight can influence periods. Have you gained/lost weight recently, as this could change your cycle? A few years ago I was struggling with my weight and lost a considerable amount of weight in a short period of time. For years after, in fact until I started on the contraceptive pill, my periods were strange...I could go 9 months with no period and then have one that lasted like 2 days. So maybe this could be a reason? Like everyone else suggested though, I'd get in contact with your doctor to be safe.

Hope this helps :)