TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 02:27 AM

I never thought I'd be posting in this forum because I've always been too embarrassed about this topic but I have a legit question.

For the past two or so months, my periods have been only one day and very, very light. And I haven't even gotten it this month. My cycle has never been affected by stress and I'm not even that stressed out. In fact, I'm pretty calm. I took a pregnancy test the first time I got it for a day because I was scared it was implantation bleeding or something. But it came out negative. I also have no signs of pregnancy so I know it can't be pregnancy.

So my question is, besides stress and pregnancy- since it's neither, what can cause periods to be so wacky like this? I mean I wouldn't care if it was like one month but for it to be two, almost three, months... it's really starting to worry me.

Any ideas, or should I just take myself to the doctor?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
brokensmilexx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Sara

Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16 Points: 13,307, Level: 16

Re: Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 02:37 AM

I would say you should go talk to a doctor about it. There can be many things causing your period to go all out of wack. Are you taking any certain medications? Sometimes they can have an effect on our periods..
Other than that I'm not too sure though, the only way to really find out what is going on would be to see your doctor. Best of luck!
<33

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

"Live your life and risk it all
take some chances, take the fall
take your time, no need to hurry
have some fun, and never worry ♥"
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 04:51 AM

Lots of factors influence changes in the body's hormone levels and the like other than stress. What's happening is probably nothing to be alarmed about, but I would call your Gyno just to be safe. It will give you peace of mind, at the very least, and s/he'll be able to detect if something is wrong.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 04:21 PM

It could be many things. If you've changed your diet, stress and of course, pregnancy. But, since you said the last two are out, I'd take yourself to the doctor just to confirm nothing is going on.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
bookishnerd Offline
bookishnerd
Not a n00b

Name: Mary

Points: 8,618, Level: 13 Points: 8,618, Level: 13 Points: 8,618, Level: 13

Re: Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 09:10 PM

I don't know how old you are hun, but sometimes changes in hormones can affect your period as well. Going to the doctor about it is definitely the best option.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
alice28 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,137, Level: 13 Points: 8,137, Level: 13 Points: 8,137, Level: 13

Re: Period question. >.< - December 13th 2011, 10:55 PM

I would see a doctor but I know that changes in weight can influence periods. Have you gained/lost weight recently, as this could change your cycle? A few years ago I was struggling with my weight and lost a considerable amount of weight in a short period of time. For years after, in fact until I started on the contraceptive pill, my periods were strange...I could go 9 months with no period and then have one that lasted like 2 days. So maybe this could be a reason? Like everyone else suggested though, I'd get in contact with your doctor to be safe.

Hope this helps
Closed Thread