TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   Not sure if pregnant or not? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t107801-not-sure-if-pregnant-not/)

babygirl101 August 13th 2012 03:16 AM

Not sure if pregnant or not?

Some of this stuff might be a little too much information but I have no one else to really talk to in my family that I havent already. My now ex and I had intercourse july 4 and 5th at night and that was a week and 4 days after my monthly ended in june, we didnt use protection because we were ttc. A couple days later i was feeling cramping on my side so maybe it was ovulation i dont know. I was suppose to be due the 21st of July, and I never got it. Im not really irregular, Either i get my monthly on the day of or 2 days earlier and it only last 4 days everytime. So, I am now 3 weeks and 1 day late and still nothing. I took a test when i was a week late and it was negative but here i am still with nothing. These are the symptoms ive had so far: low abdominal cramping, back aches, headaches, more discharge than usual, an sore breasts recently, sometimes not both too. I went to my midwife an she told me to get blood test done so i'm going sometime this week hopefully, but can anyone tell me does this sound as if I might be pregnant? I'm not stressing over anything im trying to keep my mind at ease.

Eternal August 13th 2012 05:30 AM

Re: Not sure if pregnant or not?

I would definitely take another test, its recommended to take a couple just in case of inaccuracies.
I'd also like to add that you won't be feeling symptoms only a couple days after you have sex- you won't even be pregnant by then because sperm can live up to 7 days inside a vagina. And while your periods may alwas be really regular, they can get thrown off pretty easily. Especially with stress which you're probably experiencing since you might be pregnant.
So try and stay calm and take another test.

Harmony♥ August 13th 2012 12:17 PM

Re: Not sure if pregnant or not?

I can't say whether or not these symptoms are associated with pregnancy, at least in your situation. What you're experiencing CAN be associated with pregnancy, but they are also associated with other things, like your period (I always get headaches and backaches right before), the flu or even the common cold.

As Nicole said, taking a couple of tests is the best way to do it. The first time might not have been enough time to take a test, though two weeks after intercourse is usually a good time to take it and it should give you an accurate response, however, inaccuracies have been known to happen.

I would take another test, and if it comes back negative, take your midwife's suggestion and get a blood test done: sooner rather than later.