TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
babygirl101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shayshay

Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12

Question Not sure if pregnant or not? - August 13th 2012, 03:16 AM

Some of this stuff might be a little too much information but I have no one else to really talk to in my family that I havent already. My now ex and I had intercourse july 4 and 5th at night and that was a week and 4 days after my monthly ended in june, we didnt use protection because we were ttc. A couple days later i was feeling cramping on my side so maybe it was ovulation i dont know. I was suppose to be due the 21st of July, and I never got it. Im not really irregular, Either i get my monthly on the day of or 2 days earlier and it only last 4 days everytime. So, I am now 3 weeks and 1 day late and still nothing. I took a test when i was a week late and it was negative but here i am still with nothing. These are the symptoms ive had so far: low abdominal cramping, back aches, headaches, more discharge than usual, an sore breasts recently, sometimes not both too. I went to my midwife an she told me to get blood test done so i'm going sometime this week hopefully, but can anyone tell me does this sound as if I might be pregnant? I'm not stressing over anything im trying to keep my mind at ease.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Not sure if pregnant or not? - August 13th 2012, 05:30 AM

I would definitely take another test, its recommended to take a couple just in case of inaccuracies.
I'd also like to add that you won't be feeling symptoms only a couple days after you have sex- you won't even be pregnant by then because sperm can live up to 7 days inside a vagina. And while your periods may alwas be really regular, they can get thrown off pretty easily. Especially with stress which you're probably experiencing since you might be pregnant.
So try and stay calm and take another test.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Not sure if pregnant or not? - August 13th 2012, 12:17 PM

I can't say whether or not these symptoms are associated with pregnancy, at least in your situation. What you're experiencing CAN be associated with pregnancy, but they are also associated with other things, like your period (I always get headaches and backaches right before), the flu or even the common cold.

As Nicole said, taking a couple of tests is the best way to do it. The first time might not have been enough time to take a test, though two weeks after intercourse is usually a good time to take it and it should give you an accurate response, however, inaccuracies have been known to happen.

I would take another test, and if it comes back negative, take your midwife's suggestion and get a blood test done: sooner rather than later.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread