TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Pregnancy and Childcare (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/)
-   -   pregnant (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f7-pregnancy-childcare/t70219-pregnant/)

kadyCHAOS March 26th 2011 12:27 AM

pregnant

well. im pretty sure im pregnant. period was five days late today so i took a test, well two :hehe: and they both came back positive right away. i looked at the dates of my last period and i should be right around 6 weeks.

-so far not too many symptoms i would've linked to the pregnancy. my breasts are incredibly sore and have grown almost a cup size already.

-i did have a random craving for bologna/egg sandwich about a week ago. :?

-maybe a little more tired than usual but i've had a busy work week as well.

anywhooo, i've got some questions for the mommys out there...
when did your morning sickness start? and how bad was it?

does the breast tenderness go away/subside?

what was the first doctors visit like?

thanks in advance girls.:hug::hug:

snoogums March 26th 2011 02:30 AM

Re: pregnant

hey Kady :) Congratulations! I am 9 weeks pregnant myself and I haven't had morning sickness yet but some people do get it this early I am just lucky so far. I have been craving bacon and pickles a lot and I never used to like them lol. For my first doctors appointment they did a blood test, checked my heartbeat and other things they would do on a normal checkup, asked a few simple questions and did an ultrasound where i got to see my baby! It was pretty exciting. not all first appointments are the same it depends on how far along you are. anyways good luck :D

Harmony♥ March 26th 2011 03:36 AM

My goddaughter's mother had breast tenderness all the way until she gave birth. I always used to feel bad when I would accidently bump into her.
I'm not a mother myself, so I can't tell you when morning sickness starts.
But, if you've gotten two positive home pregnancy tests, it's safe to say that you should go to the doctor to have some blood work done to confirm those pregnancy tests. It's the best way to find out FOR SURE, and you can get an ultrasound and see how far along you are. They'll also start putting you on the proper vitamins that are essential during pregnancy.

Nicolette March 27th 2011 04:35 PM

Some women don't suffer from any pregnancy symptoms at all, I was lucky and never experianced morning sickness. Alot of people didn't even know I was pregnant until around 6 months when I really started to show. I suggest you make a doctors appointment to make sure everything is okay and so you can get on pre-natal vitamins.

Jocelyn. March 28th 2011 06:05 PM

I can't remember exactly when my morning sickness started, but I'd guess around 7-9 weeks along. It was miserable and I literally couldn't eat or drink anything without it coming right back up. I missed a decent amount of classes because I was too tired and pukey. Like others have said though. Its different for everyone... some don't get it at all and other get it but its tolerable.

My other first symptoms I remember having is really bad fatigue. I mean, I really couldn't make one full trip around a grocery store if my life depended on it. I had to chug a bottle of gatorade while doing so, then proceed to vomit it back up.
(TMI? Sorry...) I also had super-smell. Even the best smelling things reeked to me, and I could smell just about anything from a mile away. Especially laundry detergent. I could smell different brands on different people... it made me gag lol.

Breast tenderness... I never got. So, no advice there.

The first doctors visit I had was just a normal check up. You have to pee in a cup, then go back in the room where they do a pap and then proceed to ask you a million questions about you and your family's medical history. You may get an ultrasound, but my first one wasn't until 20 weeks. I can't remember when they first took blood to test, but I know it was well past the first appt.

Good luck and keep us updated!

iHEAVENn March 28th 2011 06:32 PM

Morning sickness came before I even hit 6 weeks pregnant.. It stayed until I was around 7-8 months pregnant.

First doctors visit was fine.. They took blood, felt for the height of the uterus, and gave me an estimated due date.

Breast tenderness came and went for me.

Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. :) Good luck.

kadyCHAOS March 28th 2011 06:37 PM

hey everyone! thanks for all the info.
i've got my docs appointment set up for later this week. i also used a due date estimator thing, and according to my last period info im only five weeks & three days along. aside from that the tiredness has started. lol i feel so beat all day, and i gave up my morning cup of coffee. oh and i started prenatal vitamins. i've been taking them with lunch hoping that they won't upset my stomach if i take them with food. i think thats all for now.

i'll let y'all know if anything changes/new news.

guillotine_blades March 28th 2011 09:11 PM

Congrats!

Morning Sickness - With Kain, I was just queasy feeling for the first trimester, but I don't think it hit until 8 or 9 weeks, I honestly don't remember! Early pregnancy with him was 4 years ago! With this last pregnancy it started before I even got a positive pregnancy test, and lasted until the end of the pregnancy

Breast tenderness is a great sign Kady! With Kain mine hurt throughout the entire pregnancy, but they also grew from a small B cup to a DD pretty quickly!

It is great that you are already taking prenatals, if they do start to mess with your stomach (that is because of the high iron content, btw) you can take two chewable flinstones vitamins a day, one in the morning, one at night. And two of those has exactly the same content as a prenatal

--.redpanda.-- March 30th 2011 10:37 PM

I've never been pregnant myself, but I know that some of my friends themselves have had babies. They said that their breasts were sore until they gave birth and even after. So I can't really tell you anything other than what I have heard. The morning sickness can go away after the second trimester or even the third. Usually doctor's say that it goes away after the critical period of pregnancy. So, it totally depends on your body and hormones.