TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Points: 12,697, Level: 16 Points: 12,697, Level: 16 Points: 12,697, Level: 16

pregnant - March 26th 2011, 12:27 AM

well. im pretty sure im pregnant. period was five days late today so i took a test, well two and they both came back positive right away. i looked at the dates of my last period and i should be right around 6 weeks.

-so far not too many symptoms i would've linked to the pregnancy. my breasts are incredibly sore and have grown almost a cup size already.

-i did have a random craving for bologna/egg sandwich about a week ago.

-maybe a little more tired than usual but i've had a busy work week as well.

anywhooo, i've got some questions for the mommys out there...
when did your morning sickness start? and how bad was it?

does the breast tenderness go away/subside?

what was the first doctors visit like?

thanks in advance girls.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15 Points: 10,785, Level: 15

Re: pregnant - March 26th 2011, 02:30 AM

hey Kady Congratulations! I am 9 weeks pregnant myself and I haven't had morning sickness yet but some people do get it this early I am just lucky so far. I have been craving bacon and pickles a lot and I never used to like them lol. For my first doctors appointment they did a blood test, checked my heartbeat and other things they would do on a normal checkup, asked a few simple questions and did an ultrasound where i got to see my baby! It was pretty exciting. not all first appointments are the same it depends on how far along you are. anyways good luck
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: pregnant - March 26th 2011, 03:36 AM

My goddaughter's mother had breast tenderness all the way until she gave birth. I always used to feel bad when I would accidently bump into her.
I'm not a mother myself, so I can't tell you when morning sickness starts.
But, if you've gotten two positive home pregnancy tests, it's safe to say that you should go to the doctor to have some blood work done to confirm those pregnancy tests. It's the best way to find out FOR SURE, and you can get an ultrasound and see how far along you are. They'll also start putting you on the proper vitamins that are essential during pregnancy.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: pregnant - March 27th 2011, 04:35 PM

Some women don't suffer from any pregnancy symptoms at all, I was lucky and never experianced morning sickness. Alot of people didn't even know I was pregnant until around 6 months when I really started to show. I suggest you make a doctors appointment to make sure everything is okay and so you can get on pre-natal vitamins.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: pregnant - March 28th 2011, 06:05 PM

I can't remember exactly when my morning sickness started, but I'd guess around 7-9 weeks along. It was miserable and I literally couldn't eat or drink anything without it coming right back up. I missed a decent amount of classes because I was too tired and pukey. Like others have said though. Its different for everyone... some don't get it at all and other get it but its tolerable.

My other first symptoms I remember having is really bad fatigue. I mean, I really couldn't make one full trip around a grocery store if my life depended on it. I had to chug a bottle of gatorade while doing so, then proceed to vomit it back up.
(TMI? Sorry...) I also had super-smell. Even the best smelling things reeked to me, and I could smell just about anything from a mile away. Especially laundry detergent. I could smell different brands on different people... it made me gag lol.

Breast tenderness... I never got. So, no advice there.

The first doctors visit I had was just a normal check up. You have to pee in a cup, then go back in the room where they do a pap and then proceed to ask you a million questions about you and your family's medical history. You may get an ultrasound, but my first one wasn't until 20 weeks. I can't remember when they first took blood to test, but I know it was well past the first appt.

Good luck and keep us updated!

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: pregnant - March 28th 2011, 06:32 PM

Morning sickness came before I even hit 6 weeks pregnant.. It stayed until I was around 7-8 months pregnant.

First doctors visit was fine.. They took blood, felt for the height of the uterus, and gave me an estimated due date.

Breast tenderness came and went for me.

Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. Good luck.

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
kadyCHAOS Offline
sleep when your dead
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: kady

Points: 12,697, Level: 16 Points: 12,697, Level: 16 Points: 12,697, Level: 16

Re: pregnant - March 28th 2011, 06:37 PM

hey everyone! thanks for all the info.
i've got my docs appointment set up for later this week. i also used a due date estimator thing, and according to my last period info im only five weeks & three days along. aside from that the tiredness has started. lol i feel so beat all day, and i gave up my morning cup of coffee. oh and i started prenatal vitamins. i've been taking them with lunch hoping that they won't upset my stomach if i take them with food. i think thats all for now.

i'll let y'all know if anything changes/new news.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: pregnant - March 28th 2011, 09:11 PM

Congrats!

Morning Sickness - With Kain, I was just queasy feeling for the first trimester, but I don't think it hit until 8 or 9 weeks, I honestly don't remember! Early pregnancy with him was 4 years ago! With this last pregnancy it started before I even got a positive pregnancy test, and lasted until the end of the pregnancy

Breast tenderness is a great sign Kady! With Kain mine hurt throughout the entire pregnancy, but they also grew from a small B cup to a DD pretty quickly!

It is great that you are already taking prenatals, if they do start to mess with your stomach (that is because of the high iron content, btw) you can take two chewable flinstones vitamins a day, one in the morning, one at night. And two of those has exactly the same content as a prenatal

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#9 (permalink)) Old
--.redpanda.-- Offline
Solaris
Average Joe

Name: Calli

Points: 9,191, Level: 14 Points: 9,191, Level: 14 Points: 9,191, Level: 14

Re: pregnant - March 30th 2011, 10:37 PM

I've never been pregnant myself, but I know that some of my friends themselves have had babies. They said that their breasts were sore until they gave birth and even after. So I can't really tell you anything other than what I have heard. The morning sickness can go away after the second trimester or even the third. Usually doctor's say that it goes away after the critical period of pregnancy. So, it totally depends on your body and hormones.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if not both."

Closed Thread