TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   bleeding one week after period help (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t91364-bleeding-one-week-after-period-help/)

blynnex33 December 27th 2011 02:53 AM

bleeding one week after period help

Ok so i could use a little help please. Ok to start off ive been sexually active for the past two months with no birth control. Last sunday i got my period and it was 2 days late im usually very regular. And the first day my period was only there when i wiped i did not even have to use anything and then the next day it came. Which is different for me because usually my period starts off heavy. And that lasted for about 3-4 days and then stopped and now this morning i woke up with what seems like a regular period all over again except not as heavy as usual but its reddish brown and mostly comes when i use the bathroom but i do need a pad. Can someone please help me id really appriciate it

Harmony♥ December 27th 2011 03:02 AM

Re: bleeding one week after period help

Since the blood is brown, and not a bright red, I'm thinking this could be left over blood from your period last week. This is a normal, natural thing, and there is no reason to be concerned. However, this could also be implantation bleeding, which happens when sperm meets an egg. Since you just had your period, and it was different from what you're used too, I'd take a pregnancy test to be sure that you aren't going through the conception process.

escape_thereal_world December 27th 2011 02:30 PM

Brown blood or discharge at the end of your period is quite common. But as Shannon said, since it is unusual for you, it might be best to take a pregnancy test, especially since you don't use birth control. Did you use any form of protection? Condom, woman condom?

If not, then there is a chance you could be pregnant. You can take a test 2 weeks after intercourse or 1 week before your expected period. Since you had your 'period' then it should be accurate to take a test now.

If you are not pregnant, then just remember brown is common. Your period can change depending on stress, diet, sleep, etc. Any change could affect your period. I wouldn't worry too much after a test.

blynnex33 December 27th 2011 07:08 PM

Thank you so much im going to take a test soon. No we did not use any protection but this morning when i woke up it was as though the blood was pouring out of me. Everytime i use the bathroom now the blood comes pouring out and its as if its bloody discharge it is no longer brown but bright red i just dont understand why i would be getting my period again after only a week

Harmony♥ December 27th 2011 07:36 PM

Periods can be funny sometimes. Even if you've been regular you're whole life, a lot of factors can cause your period to come late OR early. If you've recently changed your diet, have been stressed those things could potentially cause your period to go 'out of whack' so to speak. I'd definitely get your hands on a test, and if it comes up negative, I'd speak to your doctor about the strange bleeding. They'd be the ones with ALL of the answers.

I'd also suggest getting on SOME type of birth control, which is another thing you could bring up with your doctor. They'll give you information on all the different kinds, and you and your doctor could pick the one that's right for you. Until then, I'd use condoms. It's the only way to protect yourself from not only pregnancy, but sexually transmitted infections & diseases. So, do something to protect yourself!