TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blynnex33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,701, Level: 12 Points: 7,701, Level: 12 Points: 7,701, Level: 12

bleeding one week after period help - December 27th 2011, 02:53 AM

Ok so i could use a little help please. Ok to start off ive been sexually active for the past two months with no birth control. Last sunday i got my period and it was 2 days late im usually very regular. And the first day my period was only there when i wiped i did not even have to use anything and then the next day it came. Which is different for me because usually my period starts off heavy. And that lasted for about 3-4 days and then stopped and now this morning i woke up with what seems like a regular period all over again except not as heavy as usual but its reddish brown and mostly comes when i use the bathroom but i do need a pad. Can someone please help me id really appriciate it
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: bleeding one week after period help - December 27th 2011, 03:02 AM

Since the blood is brown, and not a bright red, I'm thinking this could be left over blood from your period last week. This is a normal, natural thing, and there is no reason to be concerned. However, this could also be implantation bleeding, which happens when sperm meets an egg. Since you just had your period, and it was different from what you're used too, I'd take a pregnancy test to be sure that you aren't going through the conception process.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27 Points: 36,109, Level: 27

Re: bleeding one week after period help - December 27th 2011, 02:30 PM

Brown blood or discharge at the end of your period is quite common. But as Shannon said, since it is unusual for you, it might be best to take a pregnancy test, especially since you don't use birth control. Did you use any form of protection? Condom, woman condom?

If not, then there is a chance you could be pregnant. You can take a test 2 weeks after intercourse or 1 week before your expected period. Since you had your 'period' then it should be accurate to take a test now.

If you are not pregnant, then just remember brown is common. Your period can change depending on stress, diet, sleep, etc. Any change could affect your period. I wouldn't worry too much after a test.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
blynnex33 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,701, Level: 12 Points: 7,701, Level: 12 Points: 7,701, Level: 12

Re: bleeding one week after period help - December 27th 2011, 07:08 PM

Thank you so much im going to take a test soon. No we did not use any protection but this morning when i woke up it was as though the blood was pouring out of me. Everytime i use the bathroom now the blood comes pouring out and its as if its bloody discharge it is no longer brown but bright red i just dont understand why i would be getting my period again after only a week
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: bleeding one week after period help - December 27th 2011, 07:36 PM

Periods can be funny sometimes. Even if you've been regular you're whole life, a lot of factors can cause your period to come late OR early. If you've recently changed your diet, have been stressed those things could potentially cause your period to go 'out of whack' so to speak. I'd definitely get your hands on a test, and if it comes up negative, I'd speak to your doctor about the strange bleeding. They'd be the ones with ALL of the answers.

I'd also suggest getting on SOME type of birth control, which is another thing you could bring up with your doctor. They'll give you information on all the different kinds, and you and your doctor could pick the one that's right for you. Until then, I'd use condoms. It's the only way to protect yourself from not only pregnancy, but sexually transmitted infections & diseases. So, do something to protect yourself!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread