TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   dating an older guy (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t114033-dating-older-guy/)

I love my baby Forever December 25th 2012 10:12 AM

dating an older guy

is it wrong to be dating someone who is 12 years older then me ?

DeletedAccount17 December 25th 2012 11:02 AM

Re: dating an older guy

It's not wrong as long as he treats you in a right way you'd like to be treated. Age doesn't really matter as long as you and him are happy and comfortable with each other. :)

~ Christabel

I love my baby Forever December 25th 2012 12:18 PM

ok but everyone thinks hes to old for me

Vergil December 25th 2012 01:52 PM

Well to me as long as your of age. IE considered an adult thats fine. But if your like 15 and dating a 27 year old then I'd find it weird. mainly because your both at a different part of your lives.

I love my baby Forever December 25th 2012 02:46 PM

im 14 and hes 26

Kindred December 25th 2012 02:50 PM

You're a minor in most countries, which means sexual activity is illegal, and the relationship will probably be frowned upon.

If you were older, it would be different- but because you're a minor, I really wouldn't advise it.

I love my baby Forever December 25th 2012 02:52 PM

we r in 2 diferent contries

Vergil December 25th 2012 04:57 PM

Even if you two are in different countries the age difference between minor and adult makes it worse off. Mainly because you guys are at different parts of your life.

Your just starting to get to know who you are as a person and beginning the process of growing up and he's in the process of starting his life of adulthood IE getting out of college and starting a career.

I will say I'm not judging you guys but honestly I'd not advise it.

Always * December 25th 2012 05:32 PM

Because you're only 14 I find that really weird. I mean, what does someone who's a full fledged adult see in someone who's still in high school? I am not trying to criticize you by any means, its just that what a typical 14 year old should want in a relationship is vastly different than what the typical 26 year old wants. In most countries like the USA, Canada, Britain, Australia etc. he'd go to prison if you guys did anything together. And I hate to say it but most 26 year olds also includ sex in their relationships and you guys can't even do that because you are to young and it would be considered statutory rape. If you were 18 and he was 30 I wouldn't comment. But 14 to 26 I'm sorry to say is a little weird for me. But again, I'm not trying to criticize you, but I just think that what you guys will want from life and relationships will be so hugely different.

I love my baby Forever December 25th 2012 06:32 PM

well he dumped me

Eternal December 25th 2012 09:55 PM

I'm sorry to hear that he dumped you, if you need some help coping, check out this Article for some tips on how to cope and move on. You're welcome to create another thread as well if you would like some personal advice.
I'm going to go ahead and close this because you've had your question answered.