TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   Never had a boyfriend (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t124098-never-had-boyfriend/)

The Only Exception September 27th 2013 10:09 PM

Never had a boyfriend

Hi,

I'm new here, and it's nice to meet y'all!

I was just wondering if anyone else (besides myself) thinks its strange that I'm 17 years old and I've never had one boyfriend.

I'm afraid there's something wrong with me...I mean, am I not good enough for anyone?

What do y'all think?

sp0rdiac September 27th 2013 10:26 PM

Re: Never had a boyfriend

Hi! I do not think it is weird at all. One of my best friend's in the world didn't date anyone until she was 19. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, maybe you've never really found someone who really caught your eye! I'm 17 as well, and I've dated two boys during high school and I just found myself not attracted to high school guys anymore. (Maturity levels and such.) So maybe you just are not attracted to people at your school. The number of people you've dated does not mean you are "better" or "there is something wrong with you." Patience! Good things come to those who wait. :)

Not_here September 28th 2013 12:21 AM

hey there!
I'm 19 and also never dated anyone. It's really about you not what other people think. Just because other people start dating at a younger age doesn't mean you have to as well. I agree with the person above me. It may be different than most people, but that doesn't make it wrong if you're not doing what most people do.

JustACityBoy September 28th 2013 02:56 AM

It's not odd. Strict Asian parent's dont want their children dating til 18.
I'm a guy without a girlfriend, 16 yo. That stuff is pointless to me, I don't see a priority of getting a girlfriend over a friend besides having sex. I can't even make a friend, and that's all that a girlfriend will be. A close friend that you can be sexy with. It sounds fun admittedly, but what's most important is that you make a friend first, and then they become a girlfriend/boyfriend.

PureStorm September 28th 2013 04:35 AM

I have two friends who are nice to be around and they have neither dated nor kissed a woman yet. One is 24, the other 26.
Do I think bad about them? No, why would I. You shouldn't worry either what people might think; also they don't need to know, right?
If you desire to date somebody, however, it should not be hard as a woman (it's harder to find a proper date). Work on open body language, looks and overall personality. In that order as priorities.

Wish you best!