TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chin up, buttercup.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emery

Points: 8,016, Level: 13 Points: 8,016, Level: 13 Points: 8,016, Level: 13

Never had a boyfriend - September 27th 2013, 10:09 PM

Hi,

I'm new here, and it's nice to meet y'all!

I was just wondering if anyone else (besides myself) thinks its strange that I'm 17 years old and I've never had one boyfriend.

I'm afraid there's something wrong with me...I mean, am I not good enough for anyone?

What do y'all think?

I love you to the moon and back.

Darling you are the only exception. ~Paramore ♡
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
sp0rdiac Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jane

Points: 6,233, Level: 11 Points: 6,233, Level: 11 Points: 6,233, Level: 11

Re: Never had a boyfriend - September 27th 2013, 10:26 PM

Hi! I do not think it is weird at all. One of my best friend's in the world didn't date anyone until she was 19. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you, maybe you've never really found someone who really caught your eye! I'm 17 as well, and I've dated two boys during high school and I just found myself not attracted to high school guys anymore. (Maturity levels and such.) So maybe you just are not attracted to people at your school. The number of people you've dated does not mean you are "better" or "there is something wrong with you." Patience! Good things come to those who wait.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: Never had a boyfriend - September 28th 2013, 12:21 AM

hey there!
I'm 19 and also never dated anyone. It's really about you not what other people think. Just because other people start dating at a younger age doesn't mean you have to as well. I agree with the person above me. It may be different than most people, but that doesn't make it wrong if you're not doing what most people do.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Points: 9,720, Level: 14 Points: 9,720, Level: 14 Points: 9,720, Level: 14

Re: Never had a boyfriend - September 28th 2013, 02:56 AM

It's not odd. Strict Asian parent's dont want their children dating til 18.
I'm a guy without a girlfriend, 16 yo. That stuff is pointless to me, I don't see a priority of getting a girlfriend over a friend besides having sex. I can't even make a friend, and that's all that a girlfriend will be. A close friend that you can be sexy with. It sounds fun admittedly, but what's most important is that you make a friend first, and then they become a girlfriend/boyfriend.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
PureStorm Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13 Points: 8,585, Level: 13

Re: Never had a boyfriend - September 28th 2013, 04:35 AM

I have two friends who are nice to be around and they have neither dated nor kissed a woman yet. One is 24, the other 26.
Do I think bad about them? No, why would I. You shouldn't worry either what people might think; also they don't need to know, right?
If you desire to date somebody, however, it should not be hard as a woman (it's harder to find a proper date). Work on open body language, looks and overall personality. In that order as priorities.

Wish you best!

Quote:
"In summary, men experience systematic discrimination in parenting, domestic violence policies, education, criminal sentencing, paternity, forced labor, military conscription, public health policies, genital integrity, false accusations, reproductive rights, portrayal by the media and in the coverage of their issues by the news media."
http://www.avoiceformen.com/
Closed Thread