TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t136002-learning-tagalog-my-boyfriend-passport-fianc%E9-visa/)

livingdeadboy January 30th 2015 01:25 AM

learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa

Okay, so I've been dating a guy from the phillipines for a while and I've recently proposed.we want to get married as soon as the supreme court decision comes in, which is expected this summer. I also want to be able to converse in tagalog, but I'm having trouble finding the resources. does anyone know where I should look? Also we have been talking about him moving to the states to live with me, but he has a problem with his birth certificate (the middle name doesn't match his id), how long can this take us to get his passport, and how do you go about getting a fiancé visa?

Always * January 31st 2015 02:25 AM

Re: learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa

I think that this is definitely something you should look up on a government website to get more accurate information.

Passports take a while depending where you live and how busy it is 4-6 weeks, but it could be more or less time in the Phillipines. If he wants to move to the USA then he'll have to do that soon.

The fiance visa is iffy, you might get 1 year for that. You'd almost be better getting married and then having a wedding later, that way it'll be easier to move.

That said, this is something you still need to look online about for a government website

Alen81 January 31st 2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Always * (Post 1166940)
I think that this is definitely something you should look up on a government website to get more accurate information.

Passports take a while depending where you live and how busy it is 4-6 weeks, but it could be more or less time in the Phillipines. If he wants to move to the USA then he'll have to do that soon.

The fiance visa is iffy, you might get 1 year for that. You'd almost be better getting married and then having a wedding later, that way it'll be easier to move.

That said, this is something you still need to look online about for a government website

I agree.. It would take a while, so I suggest get married first so it wouldn't need much time.

Alen81 January 31st 2015 06:39 AM

Oh and one more thing, you could search on Google about learning Tagalog language, or could seek help from a Filipino there to teach you personally.

Not_here January 31st 2015 01:15 PM

The thing with Tagalog is that it is only relevant to the Philippines and I think not even all of them. I looked up a website called livemoacha and it offers many languages but unfortunately not Tagalog. The next thing I can think of is if you look up a resource for anthropologists? I can't do it now because my low. But best of luck. Also if your partner is coming to the