TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
livingdeadboy Offline
Average Joe

Points: 6,474, Level: 11 Points: 6,474, Level: 11 Points: 6,474, Level: 11

learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa - January 30th 2015, 01:25 AM

Okay, so I've been dating a guy from the phillipines for a while and I've recently proposed.we want to get married as soon as the supreme court decision comes in, which is expected this summer. I also want to be able to converse in tagalog, but I'm having trouble finding the resources. does anyone know where I should look? Also we have been talking about him moving to the states to live with me, but he has a problem with his birth certificate (the middle name doesn't match his id), how long can this take us to get his passport, and how do you go about getting a fiancé visa?

"And will I tell you that these three lived happily ever after? I will not, for no one ever does. But there was happiness. And they did live." - Stephen King
never's the word God listens for when he needs a laugh.- Stephen King

Battles that last five minutes spawn legends that live a thousand years.
Stephen King, The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, #7)
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa - January 31st 2015, 02:25 AM

I think that this is definitely something you should look up on a government website to get more accurate information.

Passports take a while depending where you live and how busy it is 4-6 weeks, but it could be more or less time in the Phillipines. If he wants to move to the USA then he'll have to do that soon.

The fiance visa is iffy, you might get 1 year for that. You'd almost be better getting married and then having a wedding later, that way it'll be easier to move.

That said, this is something you still need to look online about for a government website

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Alen81 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,204, Level: 10 Points: 5,204, Level: 10 Points: 5,204, Level: 10

Re: learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa - January 31st 2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always * View Post
I think that this is definitely something you should look up on a government website to get more accurate information.

Passports take a while depending where you live and how busy it is 4-6 weeks, but it could be more or less time in the Phillipines. If he wants to move to the USA then he'll have to do that soon.

The fiance visa is iffy, you might get 1 year for that. You'd almost be better getting married and then having a wedding later, that way it'll be easier to move.

That said, this is something you still need to look online about for a government website
I agree.. It would take a while, so I suggest get married first so it wouldn't need much time.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Alen81 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,204, Level: 10 Points: 5,204, Level: 10 Points: 5,204, Level: 10

Re: learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa - January 31st 2015, 06:39 AM

Oh and one more thing, you could search on Google about learning Tagalog language, or could seek help from a Filipino there to teach you personally.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27 Points: 37,084, Level: 27

Re: learning tagalog for my boyfriend...and a passport/fiancé visa - January 31st 2015, 01:15 PM

The thing with Tagalog is that it is only relevant to the Philippines and I think not even all of them. I looked up a website called livemoacha and it offers many languages but unfortunately not Tagalog. The next thing I can think of is if you look up a resource for anthropologists? I can't do it now because my low. But best of luck. Also if your partner is coming to the
Closed Thread