TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   My BFFs boyfriend (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t137839-my-bffs-boyfriend/)

jilli April 26th 2015 01:56 PM

Hi,
Okay. So I found out about a week ago that my BFFs boyfriend likes me. A lot. He told my that I'm really beautiful, and he likes us both. I guess he was worried about me telling her, so he started saying stuff like forget about what I said, I like you, but I love her. Anyways, I didn't tell her. Because the two of them are really cute together. Then just last night he said jokingly to my other friend whom I was sitting beside that I was hot. I almost died. But then my BFF texting me, "hey. Are you talking to (blank)? He just randomly said he did something he shouldn't have and that he was leaving?" I was so shocked, and then received a message from him saying, "I'm a jerk. Are you mad? Please don't tell her! I have to leave. Just for a bit." I of course had to answer her, so I said that I didn't know. I promised him I wouldn't tell her. Anyways, next she says "If you don't tell me I'm going to break up with him." I said it was a joke, and now she's mad at him. I feel like I have ruined there relationship. He shouldn't like me at all. Someone help?

Please! Somebody help me!

She just told me she's going to break up with him. Tomorrow. What am I going to do?

Coffee. April 26th 2015 05:49 PM

Re: My BFFs boyfriend

Hey there,

First, be patient. It sometimes takes a few hours for TeenHelp users to get to a thread, so no need to continue "bumping" the thread.

I'm confused by your question of what should you do. What is your intention? Do you want to save them? Do you want to help your friend? In my opinion, if he likes you, he's obviously not meant to be with your friend. You didn't ruin anything, they weren't going to last anyway, he wasn't into her the way that she's into him. On telling her, it's up to you. I personally would, but she may become mad at you for no reason (maybe thinking that you were hiding it because you like him back?) so I'd do it carefully. But this was going to be a temporary relationship from the start, and trying to keep them together will only lengthen the duration that your friend isn't dating somebody more worth her time.

jilli April 26th 2015 08:45 PM

Thank you. I've told her, and he's trying to fix them. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm afraid they'll both hate me after this.

Coffee. April 26th 2015 09:28 PM

Why would they hate you? You didn't do anything wrong, you were stuck in the middle of an awkward situation and if anybody tries to throw blame at you for that, I'd call them out on it. You didn't try to steal him, nor get in the middle, but instead, did the exact opposite. You were a good friend. :)