TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jilli Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,974, Level: 10 Points: 4,974, Level: 10 Points: 4,974, Level: 10

Exclamation April 26th 2015, 01:56 PM

Hi,
Okay. So I found out about a week ago that my BFFs boyfriend likes me. A lot. He told my that I'm really beautiful, and he likes us both. I guess he was worried about me telling her, so he started saying stuff like forget about what I said, I like you, but I love her. Anyways, I didn't tell her. Because the two of them are really cute together. Then just last night he said jokingly to my other friend whom I was sitting beside that I was hot. I almost died. But then my BFF texting me, "hey. Are you talking to (blank)? He just randomly said he did something he shouldn't have and that he was leaving?" I was so shocked, and then received a message from him saying, "I'm a jerk. Are you mad? Please don't tell her! I have to leave. Just for a bit." I of course had to answer her, so I said that I didn't know. I promised him I wouldn't tell her. Anyways, next she says "If you don't tell me I'm going to break up with him." I said it was a joke, and now she's mad at him. I feel like I have ruined there relationship. He shouldn't like me at all. Someone help?

Please! Somebody help me!

She just told me she's going to break up with him. Tomorrow. What am I going to do?

Last edited by Coffee.; April 26th 2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Merged posts
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: My BFFs boyfriend - April 26th 2015, 05:49 PM

Hey there,

First, be patient. It sometimes takes a few hours for TeenHelp users to get to a thread, so no need to continue "bumping" the thread.

I'm confused by your question of what should you do. What is your intention? Do you want to save them? Do you want to help your friend? In my opinion, if he likes you, he's obviously not meant to be with your friend. You didn't ruin anything, they weren't going to last anyway, he wasn't into her the way that she's into him. On telling her, it's up to you. I personally would, but she may become mad at you for no reason (maybe thinking that you were hiding it because you like him back?) so I'd do it carefully. But this was going to be a temporary relationship from the start, and trying to keep them together will only lengthen the duration that your friend isn't dating somebody more worth her time.

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jilli Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,974, Level: 10 Points: 4,974, Level: 10 Points: 4,974, Level: 10

Re: My BFFs boyfriend - April 26th 2015, 08:45 PM

Thank you. I've told her, and he's trying to fix them. I don't know what's going to happen, but I'm afraid they'll both hate me after this.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: My BFFs boyfriend - April 26th 2015, 09:28 PM

Why would they hate you? You didn't do anything wrong, you were stuck in the middle of an awkward situation and if anybody tries to throw blame at you for that, I'd call them out on it. You didn't try to steal him, nor get in the middle, but instead, did the exact opposite. You were a good friend.

something burning?
Closed Thread