TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Relationships and Dating (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/)
-   -   How to ask a girl out. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f9-relationships-dating/t160803-how-ask-girl-out/)

Hero December 3rd 2020 11:42 AM

How to ask a girl out.

So there is a girl a like and I do want to tell her but I don’t have the courage and if I did I would just be really weird. Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks.

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 3rd 2020 04:06 PM

Re: How to ask a girl out.

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp.:) Thank you so much for joining and telling us about what you have been going through, you did a wonderful job.:)

When we like someone it can be hard to just walk up to them and ask them out. Always be yourself. Have some questions in your head ready or have a small notebook in your hand and have questions in that. The questions can be anything, for example, Hi how are you doing? Did you enjoy the math class? My favorite colors are, what are your favorite colors? Do you like pizza? Would you like to get some coffee or pizza with me? Anything works and just try to keep talking to her if you can. Whatever color shirt she has on, say that she looks nice in it:) If you are not able to make it through all of your questions, try again the next day or wait a few days. I wish you the best with this and hope that everything works out for you.

Hero December 3rd 2020 04:35 PM

The girl I like does not live near by golfing girl so I can’t just ask her to coffee :( but I have her number but I don't have the courage to ask her out on a phone. That’s ever worse because I will not be able to see her face if she rejects or accepts me.

DeletedAccount53 December 3rd 2020 08:52 PM

Hi there and welcome to Teen Help!

I can only agree with Golfing Girl's super suggestions becuase you can use any, but only you can make this step.

The only way is to jump in, feet first to call her. But before doing that, write down a few nice words to give yourself that courage.

I kno it's hard. But are you gonna kick yourself to the possybility of losing her to somebody else?

I was faced with the same. Believe you me, I may be a leader of a survival club teaching skills passed down, but asking my fave girl out? Oh boy, that was hard! Worried myself sick I did.

Maman knew. She sensed my shyness. She said either you make the effort for yourself or lose her to another girl. She then added, "Are you gonna go for it? If you don't, then you're more of a sissy than I thort!"

I phoned her.
She's now my partner.

Best decision - ever! :D

You won't know til you take that leap in the dark.

We will be here for you. I'm waiting to know.

Take the courage now. If your head and your heart tells you she's to be yours, then go for her.

Praps she's feeling the same way about you?

Pssst! You can do it. ;)

Spicy_ December 21st 2020 07:26 PM

Hey Hero!

Do you and this girl use a video messaging program (zoom, facetime, skype..etc)? If you guys do consider trying to see if you could work out a video chat with her. On video chat, try to ease in the "asking out" by using things Golfing Girl mentioned, a simple "How was your day today" is a good conversation starter, you can then use things that she talked about into making the conversation flow. For example, if she said she was working, ask her how it went, was it busy/long..etc.

It's hard to explain when its right, but once the conversation is flowing and you can tell she's into it, you could then pop the question. If you guys are able to meet up, proposing asking if she'd be willing to meet up soon (and then easing in about your feelings for her then), or with a long term distance relationship, a more direct approach would work best.

Good Luck!