TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5

Question How to ask a girl out. - December 3rd 2020, 11:42 AM

So there is a girl a like and I do want to tell her but I don’t have the courage and if I did I would just be really weird. Can someone please give me some advice. Thanks.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,353, Level: 46 Points: 107,353, Level: 46 Points: 107,353, Level: 46

Re: How to ask a girl out. - December 3rd 2020, 04:06 PM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp. Thank you so much for joining and telling us about what you have been going through, you did a wonderful job.

When we like someone it can be hard to just walk up to them and ask them out. Always be yourself. Have some questions in your head ready or have a small notebook in your hand and have questions in that. The questions can be anything, for example, Hi how are you doing? Did you enjoy the math class? My favorite colors are, what are your favorite colors? Do you like pizza? Would you like to get some coffee or pizza with me? Anything works and just try to keep talking to her if you can. Whatever color shirt she has on, say that she looks nice in it If you are not able to make it through all of your questions, try again the next day or wait a few days. I wish you the best with this and hope that everything works out for you.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Hero Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5 Points: 1,339, Level: 5

Re: How to ask a girl out. - December 3rd 2020, 04:35 PM

The girl I like does not live near by golfing girl so I can’t just ask her to coffee but I have her number but I don't have the courage to ask her out on a phone. That’s ever worse because I will not be able to see her face if she rejects or accepts me.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: How to ask a girl out. - December 3rd 2020, 08:52 PM

Hi there and welcome to Teen Help!

I can only agree with Golfing Girl's super suggestions becuase you can use any, but only you can make this step.

The only way is to jump in, feet first to call her. But before doing that, write down a few nice words to give yourself that courage.

I kno it's hard. But are you gonna kick yourself to the possybility of losing her to somebody else?

I was faced with the same. Believe you me, I may be a leader of a survival club teaching skills passed down, but asking my fave girl out? Oh boy, that was hard! Worried myself sick I did.

Maman knew. She sensed my shyness. She said either you make the effort for yourself or lose her to another girl. She then added, "Are you gonna go for it? If you don't, then you're more of a sissy than I thort!"

I phoned her.
She's now my partner.

Best decision - ever!

You won't know til you take that leap in the dark.

We will be here for you. I'm waiting to know.

Take the courage now. If your head and your heart tells you she's to be yours, then go for her.

Praps she's feeling the same way about you?

Pssst! You can do it.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Spicy_ Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19 Points: 17,982, Level: 19

Re: How to ask a girl out. - December 21st 2020, 07:26 PM

Hey Hero!

Do you and this girl use a video messaging program (zoom, facetime, skype..etc)? If you guys do consider trying to see if you could work out a video chat with her. On video chat, try to ease in the "asking out" by using things Golfing Girl mentioned, a simple "How was your day today" is a good conversation starter, you can then use things that she talked about into making the conversation flow. For example, if she said she was working, ask her how it went, was it busy/long..etc.

It's hard to explain when its right, but once the conversation is flowing and you can tell she's into it, you could then pop the question. If you guys are able to meet up, proposing asking if she'd be willing to meet up soon (and then easing in about your feelings for her then), or with a long term distance relationship, a more direct approach would work best.

Good Luck!

Through darkness does the light shine even brighter
PM/VM
Closed Thread